Caserean section UK

Kerrie-x

Reaction score
I believe it's only 1 birthing partner allowed in theatre - but what about afterwards? My mum will be coming up to the hospital with my hubby, is she allowed in recovery or will she be waiting hours? My CS is on Wednesday and I forgot to ask at my consent appt but I will call tomorrow

We were only allowed 1 in the recovery room. My midwife was nice and let my mam in to take a photo and say bye to me but that was it.

Good luck for Wednesday!

I think its normally only one allowed in recovery in most hospitals.

Hi
Theatre will be jam packed with people! I remember being shocked how many staff there were in there with us! We didn't have anyone else visit til I was up in the ward (our choice) but don't think anyone other than dh would've been allowed in theatre or recovery.
Good luck. Xx

We didn't have anyone visit until visiting hours. To be honest, I liked having the time with just my husband and new baby.

Same at pp only me and OH and then ppl came and visited on the ward at visiting times x

my mum and DH were with me during labour but when I had to have a section only one person could come. DH came into theatre with me and mum had to wait. They let her in to say hi and take some photos once I was back on the post natal ward but then she had to go home until visiting hours x

My friend had a section 7 weeks ago and was only allowed DH in theatre but DH and her mum were allowed in the recovery room. My friend is originally from the states and her mum had arrived from America the previous day to be there especially so I don't know if that's why they let her.

Thanks everyone. I've rang delivery suite, and they're fine for my mum to come into recovery afterwards as we've let them know our situation (mum lives over an hour away and other personal reasons)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->