Cat shot at

BabySeal

Mom of a Baby Boy!
Reaction score
My cat goes outside because he was a stray and I got him neutered, and vetted so at least he is not out making more kittens.

He grew up outside all his life, and it is incredibly difficult to keep him in the house. If he wants out, he will find a way to dart out of the door. He gets incredible unhappy and unsettled by the end of the day if he cannot wander around by the trees.

Well he was wandering around the park behind my house and went over a few houses and must have gone by someones property. This heartless asshole shot at him!

I mean there isn't really anything I can do since he went over to their property, but shoot at him? Get over it!

Makes me so mad, I will just have to try better to keep him locked up inside. :shrug:

That is so rude!!!!! I hope that your cat is okay.

If someone shot at my cat, I'd be one pissed off lady.

That's awful your poor cat! I've had cats my whole life, they've been allowed to roam outside and we've never had any problems. One of my old cats used to sleep in next doors shed at our old house, we used to be friendly with them though and it was never a problem. Hope your cat is ok:(

I would of called the police! Scum bag!

I'd seriously call the police! He can't exactly say you're cat was trespassing! It's a cat!!!! x

I know I was so angry!! I can't call the police because *technically* we have laws that state pets must be under control at all times- whether in yard, on leash, or in the house.

If I call on the neighbors I can't prove they shot at him, and then I could be setting myself up for fines for having roaming cats!! :growlmad:

It is madness!

Thats awful , i dont get why people are so mean to cats? :shrug: and you can hardly stop a cat going into somebodys property? What they done was definately illegal, at least in the UK anyway! Hope your cat is okay :(

It's a cat, try to deter it without trying to kill it? I mean IT'S A CAT! What is the worst it can do?! Not like it is going to come in and murder your whole family, not even one relative ect... Animal cruelty disgusts me. Although I can see how some people wouldn't like an animal they do not know coming to their yard. It's just a cat, I am sure an intelligent person can figureout a way to keep it away without hurting it...

I know! At least I am not alone in thinking it's only a cat!!

Part of me feels bad because he was wandering over there... but like you said using a gun seems a bit OTT.

He is okay though, was just super scared right after the fact. Layed on my porch eyes wide and panting really loud!

Poor kitty! I keep my 6 inside at all times. I use to let other cats go in and out but 7 years ago I got two kittens who when it was time to train to go in and out they refused so I didn't want to force them. Since then all the others ones I've rescued I have not allowed outside. I moved into a new neighbor and started feeding a stray cat that now never leaves my yard and I had neutered.

I hope your assh0le neighbor refrains from doing that ever again. What a d*ck.

Definitely call the police! If he has a gun in the house and is shooting randomly out the window, any stray bullet could hit someone else's house or a child! DH lets our cat out first thing when he gets up for work and she runs around for a couple of hrs then comes in for breakfast and sleeps all day.

We had a dog when I was growing up that my parents were pretty sure the neighbour had shot and killed. Whether it was on purpose or not, I don't know. But I never heard about the suspicions until I was much older. Horrible to think about!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->