Cat urinating in house *help!*

Bittersweet

Complete(Boy/Girl)after losses and premature birth
Reaction score
My cat Is an indoor cat. She had lived temporarily sigh my mums dogs and cat and she was territorial, peeing on my laundry etc. Since they left she seemed to have stopped it.
Until I noticed my curtains were soaked at e bottom and stank of cat pee. So she had peed on them
And my laundry (dirty) had been peed on also again

Her litter tray is changed 3-4 times a week, she has constant attention and there is almost always someone in the house with her.
She's been checked over so it's not an infection.

It is DEFiNATELY selective. In the dirty laundry mostly.

I know he curtains would have the scent of mums pets so perhaps gangs why she did it there but the laundry again I don't understand?

Argh can't have her doing this

I feel your pain!

my cat pee's everywhere too, and theres nothing worse than a house that stinks of pee! my OH has had enough, so I am in full fighting mode to combat it! we went to the vet, told no UTI or cystitis so weve bought feliway plug in, we are putting holistic medication in her food meant to help anxiety and bladder health. (think its called cystophan) I've bought something called urine off which is supposedly really good removing stains and odors from everywhere including hard floors, carpets and material (its not arrived yet but the reviews on amazon are good)

Like PP mentioned, if shes not spayed yet, do that asap! my cat was much much worse before she got spayed - we had to fling out a mattress and couch because of it.

another tip from my vet is to dot litter trays about the place, she might just not like the place her tray is. also try using different litter. my cat hates clumping litter but loves the really cheap stuff (although not enough to exclusively use her box and not our brand new rug)

also is there any way your cat could be an outdoor cat? mines is and I noticed she pees much less when shes been in and out all day - although she will only go out if the weather is nice enough, the little shit.

hope some of this helps!

Yes she's spayed.
I should say she uses her letterbox no problem. It is dirty laundry occasionally and the curtains which I thnk because mums let's have been on them.

No no way to be an outdoor cat.

yeah mine uses her tray aswell as peeing on the kitchen floor and rug. Its definitely an attention/behavioural thing with my cat, if all that were doing just now doesn't work then i'll need to fork out for a cat behaviourist, which is another option for you if nothing else works x

I would get rid of anything that has cat pee. No matter how much you wash ot...cats can smell it and will pee on it again and again.

Deaf gal I can't chuck out clothes or curtains :(.

White vinegar is great for getting rid of the cat pee smell. Sometimes our cats accidently spray out of the litter tray door so we clean it with the vinegar and the smells gone.
we had trouble with our cat peeing in the lead up to the twins being born, and for a few months afterwards. We used two felliway diffusers in the house and they were great - highly recommend them. We got them from amazon.

Daft question but can I wash clothes with white vinegar?

Yes...i used white vinegar on my clothes all the time. You could try that or go to a pet store and find a cleanser that can break down cat pee and see if it works. But if my cat keep peeing on it, I would try storing it somewhere else and see if it will stop her peeing.. and if she pees again if I took it back out..then I say it is her scent she is peeing on.

https://cats.about.com/od/litterbox/f/remcaturineodor.htm

this website seems helpful - hope you find something that works !

Thanks think il need to try the vinegar trick.

I'm hoping it's just behavioural as she stopped for weeks and did it again the other day.

We've been really lucky with our cats but we did have an issue with one of them urinating behind the TV stand on top of all the wires there. So gross and so hard to clean up. We got this: https://www.amazon.com/Four-Paws-10...e=UTF8&qid=1390153615&sr=8-3&keywords=cat+off It worked super well for us. The cat hated the scent and wouldn't even go over there, let alone use it as a toilet.

My cat did start weeing everywhere, but it was dementia. She was old though, about 17, and had recently moved house so basically the new surroundings were too much for her to handle.

x

Hi I used to work in a pet shop and had customers with this prob all the time - if you use any normal household cleaners then it will get rid of the scent to our human noses, BUT, it will actually make the smell stronger to the cat!
You need to ensure that you use a specific animal urine cleaner, the one I used to sell at the shop was called Simple Solution and I would swear by it! It works with enzymes dissolving the odor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->