catalogue shopping

MummyMummy

Reaction score
anybody else rely on catalogues like littlewoods?

i know they are more expensive than buying outright (even though we always opt for 0%) we have enough to pay off the few pound or so a week that things cost, but don't have the £50+ that said items cost to buy outright and of course putting a few pound away a week takes forever to save up that £50+

we are so reliant on it, even for buying things like dinner sets and bath towels :lol

xXx

I love catalogue shopping, but I have to use my sister's MIL's catalogue
i'm not allowed my own, I spend to much :blush: and it drives OH mad :rofl:

Yep we buy lots of household items from them, thats all we use ours for

I tend to buy clothes mainly. I will sometimes by household stuff if its in the sale or if i really need something and haven't got the cash but otherwise I try and avoid due to the prices.

I find they are not very competitive anymore as there seems to be two big brands that each have about 3 or 4 different catalogues all with the same stuff.

I only have two now, one of which im going to cancel soon (empire) as its just been taken over by the littlewoods group and I preferred it when it was the old company - they did more sales lol -

Use someone like additions direct - littlewoods are always so much more exspensive. Then theres 24 studio which is a good one :D

Im always scared ill get into debt with these kind of things!!

i used to be like that! £2 a week doesn't sound bad, until you add up everything you are paying - this month we ended up paying £94 something :o it would still have taken us ages of saving that £94 to be able to go and buy things outright that we bought from l/woods.

xXx

I owe £700 to catalouges. I cant afford to pay anymore than £5/10 a week. Theyre on to me like flies on shit. I wish i never signed up :(

i used to but i dont now. I ran up so much debt. Never go near one again.

I have a Next one open (in case of emergency like a fridge or washing machine breaking suddenly) but when they send me the catalogue i chuck it straight in the bin and havent used it for over 6 months

Had a couple years ago, but i got caught out when i was made redundant and even though i owed very little i found it hard to cope.
Since then i've steered well clear, as they're more hassle than they're worth.

oh i love catalogue shopping, its so easy to order things online just put in the customer ref and they arrive in days!!

I have a littlewoods account, im quite good with it tho, dont spend to much. Its really there for big things i need, currently redecorating the bedroom! and will need new wardrobes, and if i had to save for them i would NEVER get there !

we dont have one but my mil does,and we use it quite a lot. We always stagger what we order so things coincide with buy now pay x,y,z month and we pay it every 4 weeks. We use it for bit things like tvs,beds,my pram,kitchen stuff etc, and i used it for maternity jeans as they were the only ones i could get in my size!!

we dont drink or smoke or go out very often so we get our little luxuries from it that would take us ages to save up for!!

I only order from Studio catalogue.

My Grandma gets it and everytime I go round, I order something. Lol, It is a good catalogue though.

I darn't order out of Littlewoods, or anything like that. I'd end up in debt upto my eyeballs. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->