catarrah in ear

shazney22

Reaction score
Is there anything I can do to clear this? I sometimes am so sick because of it and Im so tired, my nose has a lot of mucus and I bring up phleghm and have a bad cough, Ive tried a few things but its been 3 weeks now. Ive been to the doctors 3 times. Im so fed up with it, has anyone any experience of having this? when is it likely to clear? xxxx :thumbup:

i had blocked tubes in both ears which was casueing this and making me feel sick the gp said get a bowl of boiling water add olbas oil and put a towel over your head and breath in you need to do it 4 20 mintues up to 2 times a day but one is fine it takes a few weeks but within a few days youll notice that its clearing x

thanks hun I will try olbas oil, its a nightmare! Im currently wondering if its the pill thats caused it as ave just went back on it a month ago so Im coming off that just incase. Its hard to do the whole bowl thing with a young baby (time wise) lol need to be more commited. xxx

Yeh it is my oh bought me a facial spa from Argos it was only ten pounds and it works fab and easier to do as it boils the water for you. My doctor said it's quite common after having a baby I have a coil so not sure if it's the pill x

Im so worried it wont go away, I bought the steam inhalation from argos but its far too hot and low setting isnt that good, I think I should go back to the pot and menthol crystals lol, Its been 3 weeks I have had it for, my cough is clearing and my nose seems stuffy still at times but other times its not, is the cataraah meant to clear through my nose? I find this is such an odd and weird thing 2 have, ears just crackle and annoy me grrr lol xxx

My gp said you have to do it ever day it will take up to 8 weeks and it dies take a while but it mine cleared. I use the face steamer on the top setting but tge bowl and towel will help just make sure your using olbas oil. X

thanks hun I will just keep persevering :) sometimes it doesnt bother me, its mostly when Im up first thing in the morning or about to go to sleep. xx

did you have a lot of crackling and popping in your ear with it? xxx

I'm suffering from this and have done since 1999 when I got bad flu and I got infection in both ears and it did perminate damage and 11 yrs on my ears crackle n pop when I swallow n yarn n even worse tinnitus now :( it depresses me alot I take sudafed alot because it helps clear my tubes do try sudafed decongestant

sudafed does nothing for me :( have you not went to the doctor? or ENT VampMum1980? what other symptoms do you have?

No Hun I not seen ent but had ears looked at by gp n they can see any probs, it's def summit going on behind the ear drum , symptoms are cracking popping pulsating ringing in the ears etc n sometimes they feel full

Are urs any better ?

Ive been to gp four times, have u tried anything? I tried decongestants, nasal spray, steam inhaling, I did have it in my ears but I went last week and they said they couldnt see anything, so it must be behind the eardrum the last of the fluid. I go back next week and am gonna ask if they will refer me to an ENT as it would be good to know whats gooing on. I have cracking, popping when yawning and sometimes sharp headaches, a cough like at least once a day, I have to clear my throat a lot, ears feel full. sometimes its even as if I can here trapped fluid in my nose but it wont drain out. and I can have frothy phleghm too, and occassionaly a sore chest pain when breathing. Ive lots of symptomps lol but am no gonna be happy till I go to an ENT and find out what it is. I dont know how u have lasted this many years with it, how did it start? I took it with a bad flu, Im thinking its either fluid trapped behind eardrum, TMJ due to wisdom teeth removal, or something I dont have a clue what Ive got lol

I dunno how I have coped but I think having kids has help take my mind off it
Some days it bothers me and some days I don't notice, for instance they always get worse when I have a cold, ATM I got a dodgy scratchy throat, n already my ears are pounding, so I take vit c n enchincea to hopefully stop ear infections that I get alot, I had a bloody ear infection when pg n I had blood pouring from my right ear that was brought on my just a sore throat n not a cold n that was June 2010 n even now it still feel dodgy coz my ear drum burst :( so I have to avoid gettin a cold as much as I can bug hard when I got 4 kids who like infecting me lol

I hope ent hrlps Hun, nasal sprays don't help for me, keep me posted on ur progression x

hey I am getting refered to an ENT, takes months though. I have an inflammed throat and my eardrum is perforated. no idea why i havent took much pain with it, its a small perforation - she says it might heal before I get an ENT letter through. Its nearly 8 weeks so we will see but dunno whats going on with my throat. at least Im getting somewhere, there is no fluid there thats cleared xxx

My gp said you have to do it ever day it will take up to 8 weeks and it dies take a while but it mine cleared. I use the face steamer on the top setting but tge bowl and towel will help just make sure your using olbas oil. X

turns out I have perforated eardrums, catarrah is clear from ear now , and my throats inflammed, waiting on a letter from ENT could be waiting a while! Its the NHS lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->