Cats shredding my wallpaper

dgirllamius

Lena's Mutter
Reaction score
In our flat we have this textured wallpaper. It was there when we moved in and have no plans on taking it down or changing it.

Recently we got 2 cats and they (though I believe it's just one of them) is shedding it to pieces. Of course this makes it look worse than ever. For now, putting white paint over it seems to solve the problem but his isn't going to last forever.

Does anyone have any ideas to stop them doing this? We're thinking of just stripping it down and just having the bare wall (painted of course) but if we can avoid this we will.

They have a scratch post but they don't use it.

I am looking for anwers too, we have textured wall paper upstairs and one cat rips it like a scratching post. Luckily, its not our permanant wall paper as we are trying to do up the house slowly but it is still annoying. What if we decide to get textured wall paper when we do decorate the upstairs? I dont want it ruined. When I catch her doing it at the moment, I shoo her away and say no but she does it all the time so the message obviously doesnt get through.
Its the same with our leather couch we bought about 4 years ago. It was very expensive and she ripped it to shreds, despite our best efforts. I feel like that particularly was money down the drain. :cry:
I hope someone has a solution because I feel like we cant have anything nice ever again with this cat :(

PS- We have tried numerous different scratching posts and they do get used but not all the time. Also we have tried usiong multiple scratching posts around the house so they have an option upstairs and downstairs but no luck.

Have you tried the usual spraying tge scratching post with catnip spray to encourage them to use it instead of the walls?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->