Cats?

Mummy2109

Reaction score
I think my female cats might be pregnant, does anyone know how i can tell without taking them to vets? They're booked in to be nuetured on wednesday :-(

Is it a bad thing if they are pregnant?
Im not sure of any way to tell sorry!
Google it?

Oh just noticed your ticker! Maybe not ideal if they are then!

Lol yeah was waiting to get them done and then rehome them... Bit of a pain really lol

Not really any way to know for sure. Their appetites will increase and of course their bellies will begin to fill out. This next bit might sound horrible. I'm sorry if it causes upset - your vet would probably spay them even if they are pregnant. Obviously it is a bigger procedure and, also obviously, any kittens wouldn't make it : ( . Sorry to bring it up. Ignore me totally if you think I'm speaking out of place. I would! I'll be honest, its not something I could do, but I wouldn't judge anyone who did it. You could even tell the vet your suspicions and ask not to be told if there were kittens present. Again, I'm sorry to bring it up. On a more positive note - cats are seasonal breeders and much less likely to become pregnant during the Winter months x

This is going to sound so weird... But... Look at the nipples. I went away for a week and my friend went in and fed my cats and whatnot. I had 1 boy and 2 girls. When I came back and petted them, I immediately noticed the girls' nipples looked much different. Went to the vet and they were definitely pregnant.

i was going to say look at her nipples. they will be bigger and pinker. also has her mood changed? is she calmer? mine went calmer and this is what made me think she was. i was devasted at the time she was only 9 month old, escaped out the window and got frisky by the nieghbours cat, caught by my hubby who chucked water at it and said it was "anialating our cat". he was distraught. quite funny now, he was actually more caring and sympathitic to her than i was, i just felt like my teenage daughter had come home pregnant and i didnt know how to deal with it. pathetic really as id be totally supportive if i had a daughter. my hubby knew when shed have her babies, he said he just knew. left her in at night and sure enough next morning were 4 little boys! lush. they were tiny and it ws lovely to see them grow. but willow was straight to vets when they were rehomed to have giblets out!! no more babies for her. i waas stoo young to be a granny twice. i was only 28.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->