Cause of Ectopic and Miscarriage?

bah00

Reaction score
In July 2010 I had an ectopic pregnancy. I had the HSG test (dye runs through your tubes into your uterus) and it revealed that there was no known cause for my ectopic. My doctor said it was a fluke and we were given permission to try again. I got pregnant in September. The Dr. ordered an ultrasound at 6 weeks to make sure it was not ectopic again and it was not. Everything looked great and the heartbeat was strong at 153 bpm. At 10 weeks, I started having light brown spotting and went for an ultrasound. It revealed no heartbeat and the baby had passed away at 7.5 weeks. My Dr. is saying that I just have bad luck. She does not want to do any testing. I don't know if I can go through this a third time. I am wondering if anyone has had a similar situation and can offer advice. I am strongly considering finding a new Dr. Does anyone know what might cause both an ectopic AND a miscarriage? I have tried and tried to research and I am not having much luck. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Hi there, firstly sorry for your losses. I have had the same but the other way round - MC first. After my ectopic i was told its just bad luck and other tube is clear (well was at time of surgery). I was told however tht due to miscarriage stats being so high i still then have like everyone 1/3 to 1/4 chance of a miscarriage in my next pregnancy. Although devastating, your MC is most likely one of those 1/3 to 1/4 pregnancies to end that way, doesn't mean your next pregnancy will fail.

Best wishes for your next pregnancy. Look after yourself xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->