• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cautiously expecting after a loss. Bricking it!! anyone else?

I had a loss 3 yrs ago at 10 weeks an here I am at 10 weeks again and super nervous...no spotting or cramping this time. Had a good u/s last week. Baby looked good and had a h/b of 175 bpm....still really nervous!

Hi just wanted to pop I and offer reassurance . I had mmc at 12 weeks in 2012 ( Christmas Eve ) . Was absolutly devastated as saw baby and hb 2 days earlier . Anyhow got pg again in May 2013 . I was so so anxious and nervous !! I even bled at 6 weeks and was convienced it was over again . But Baby Sean arrived safe n sound in February and is now 4 months old . Happy ever afters do happen and just because you have had one loss does not mean you will have another . Happy n healthy 9 months to you x

I wish there was a cure all for the worry! My anxiety got so bad today I cried but I was able to take some time for myself. I listened to music I liked, relaxed on the porch, took a hot shower afterwards, and sat down to a nice dinner with my family. I also vented in an online journal. I feel so much better. It can be hard to not worry, but it helps to distract yourself with projects or even things related to baby. I know this is not for everyone, but I force myself to think about the baby in a positive light and think about things like names. Thinking about names gives me something to do while simultaneously allowing me to have positive thoughts about the baby. It also really helps to talk to people that understand. Like others have said, there are several resources on this website that are just awesome.

My miscarriages scarred me emotionally to the point where 6 years later I am still nervous and afraid. Each pregnancy I tried to have hope...I researched statistics on miscarriages after 1 loss...then 2 losses....then 3 losses...and finally I just gave up. I had testing done after my 3 loss and found out I did have a problem. I started treatment right away. When I got pregnant the 4th time I was terrified! I cried even on the way to the ultrasound. But thankfully there was a heartbeat! And I ended up having a problem free pregnancy....Now I'm pregnant again and even though I have had a successful pregnancy I am started to feel those same emotions of anxiety and defeat...I am honestly not coping well this time...even though my levels have been rising perfectly I still have a empty feeling inside. Taking pregnancy tests have not helped. The only thing that can give me relief is seeing a heartbeat at my appointment next Tuesday....pregnacy after loss is hard...

Uuuurgh, yes. Me. It's weird, one day I'll be excited and the next day wondering if this is really going to happen (the pregnancy progressing, I mean). It's weird because when I had my BFPs with DS1 and DS2, the thought of a loss never even crossed my mind. My mom mentioned it to me and I blew it off thinking, "oh that wouldn't ever happen to me." Well, boy was I wrong!

One thing that is helping me is counting down to each milestone. That way I don't have to be counting down to 40 weeks. I beat 2 milestones already. My first loss was a CP and my BFPs were never dark. I started bleeding 2 days after the BFP, so I'm past that point. Second is with my SCH, I started bleeding at 4 weeks 3 days. So far I'm 5 weeks 2 days and no bleeding or spotting *knock on wood*! The milestone I'm counting down to now is a normal ultrasound on July 11th!

With the pregnancy app thing you mentioned...when I downloaded the app again this time around and signed back in, it immediately said "your baby is 10 months old!" URGH :nope:

So far so good with this one, though. So far no spotting, no bad cramping, HCG levels are rising normally and I'm still having early pregnancy symptoms. This time around I'm on progesterone 200mg per day though. I am a lot more confident about this pregnancy just because I'm taking this medication.

I'll admit...I browsed the pregnancy test section at the store yesterday to see if any were on sale :dohh: I didn't buy any, though.

H&H 9 months to you, try to keep sane (easier said than done!) :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->