CB Advanced Ferility Monitor Sticks question

L

Lost7

Do you think it's getting darker?
Top: CD12
Bottom: CD14
Following miscarriage, I'm hoping to ovulate soon.
Both tests returned a LOW result.

I know you should never read the sticks but I find it helpful in determining ovulation. Would be great if you have sticks from a 'high' (NOT PEAK) you could share with me, thanks! x

https://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l523/Tryingto_Conceive/cd14_zpsj8ogdwu1.jpg

Hi :wave: this is my first month using cbfm and I'm currently on cd 12. Cd 11 was my first 'high' reading, here is what my sticks looked liked from c10 ( low) cd 11( first high) cd 12(high) . I'm assuming since I usually ovulate around cd13-15 I should be getting a peak soon but I've heard for the first month of using the cbfm it's normal to get only highs as its getting to know your cycle. Hope this helps !

https://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah92/shamerame/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsmnnejhcu.jpgd

Let the monitor interpret honey, that's what it's there for! The monitor does not work like cheapies, it is NOT an OPK. It measures two hormones. You are now looking for the LH surge, but it won't look like what you expect as one is for Estrogen and one LH. The monitor is programmed to read the specific color shade for each. There is no control line, the machine has the control programmed, one line is one hormone one is the other.

The monitor will continue to say H at this point, no matter what the sticks look like. It is programmed to say low until you get one H reading, and then it ignores the estrogen line until it gets a surge or "times out" (after asking for 20 sticks, it goes back down to low, no matter what).

I agree with misspriss, on my cbfm I can hardly tell the difference in what the sticks look like from low to high to peak theres a little bit of difference but if I was looking at them I would think they are all still lows!
But you asked for pics so here they are, picture with fertility monitor is the first (my first high reading)
second picture is the clear blue fertility monitor stick next to the clear blue advanced digital ovulation test stick (got a flashing smiley face means high) using same urine, the sticks do not look the same. As misspriss said they do not work like normal opk or ic.
The advance ov test is the one with the arrow!
Hope this helps!

Attachments

• cbfm.jpg
    cbfm.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 5
  • test.jpg
    test.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 4
Yes the advanced OPK and the monitor work differently as well. The monitor looks for a threshold level of LH, while the OPK is more sensitive and looks for a rise in the LH level. I forget how the estrogen level thing works.

Thanks lovelies! I continued to get LOWS :(
Yesterday CD17 I had a bleed! Quite heavy! I don't know what to think! It's stopped now. Some people have said implantation but that would only work if I ovulated as I stopped bleeding around CD9-10! I wasn't using OPK's then.
I've set my monitor up as CD1 yesterday and haven't used it since, I've just done a IC OPK and that's negative.

I was thinking if the bleed IS AF - maybe because it's only been a week since I've stopped bleeding that maybe the lining hasn't really got anything to shed - what do you think?

My cycle is still a mess after the miscarriage, Don't know what to think! :( X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->