CBFM for people with fertility problems?

lupinerainbow

Pregnant #1 after 9+ years LTTTC
Reaction score
Is it worth buying a clearblue fertility monitor when we have been referred to a FS and i have charted used opk's traced CP and CM and think i know my cycles pretty well and does the 98% success rate work on people who have been trying for a long time? or should i just wait till appointment as its hormonal problems...
any answers will be greatly appreciated even if its just your own opinion

xxxxx

honestly, I love be cbfm, but is it worth the money? Probably not. It's pretty much the same thing as opk's, but it gives you a few more days notice before you ovulate. I think it's a great machine for girls with irregular cycles, but honestly I would just wait until you go to your appointment and then make up your mind! save yourself the money. :) good luck!

Mope, the 98% success does not apply to LTTTC'ers. It does say that the improved chances only apply to healthy couples TTC for no more than 2 or 3 months (I forget).

So basically it's women who know nothing about their bodies/cycles/ovulation. Which makes sense.

We did buy one last month - after TTC for 2o months with PCOS. But it was more a psychological comfort rather than anything else. And guess what?! It didn't even work properly!
I had 2 days of strong OPKs (but not with FMU), and all other O symptoms - yet the monitor did not show a Peak - just kept showing High, although the sticks were clearly Peak looking. Then I had a temp rise a day after my 2nd strong OPK, so I know Im 4DPO now.

We bought ours off ebay so it was half price new, but would I have bought it knowing what I know? No! But I ticked that box, I tried it so I feel better, if that makes sense :dohh:

Navy wife thank you, i don't have irregular cycles but they do alter by a few days occassionally so i guess it would be nice knowing a few days in advance but will wait now :thumbup:

And yes maria i undersand where you are coming from, and i suppose it makes sense about the success rate i'm guessing its just an easier way of opk'ing etc will probably end up getting one eventuallly just for something else to have tried just to make sure i am not doing it wrong myself :thumbup: but will wait till appointment now i think :)

xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->