CBFM question?

honeyprayer

Mommy to Lily :)
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I've been using my cbfm for about 4 months now and each month it's detected my peak. Last month it started asking me to test on CD9 and I got lows on CD9, 10, and 11. CD12 and CD13 were both highs. CD14 showed as my peak.

This month, it again asked me to start testing on CD9 (yesterday) and it was already at high! I tested again this morning and it was still high. Does this mean I'll get my peak on CD11? Isn't that a little early?

I do want to mention that I had a polyp removed on May 24 and spotted for a few days and then AF showed about a week later. Could having the surgery affect my cycle?

My first month on the cbfm I got my peak CD14. The next month peak was on CD18 and then last month CD14 again.

I figured after months of using it, it should be used to my cycle by now should it not? When do you think I'll see my peak this month?

Hi there,

Will only my 3rd cycle ttc and my 1st cycle ith cbfm.. But wanted to share...

I got my first peak yesterday (cd16) after 8 days of high, i was warned that it might detect more highs as it learns my cycle pattern, and of course dont forget every cycle is different. Just because you see a pattern over a few cycles doesnt mean you wont get an irrglar one every now and again.

Keep me poosted and good luck...

Tell me - do u continue testing after your first peak? I was told that u always get a 2nd day of peak (which i did this AM) andvhen 1 high before falling to low again. That true?

Do u know how u stop testing? Wont that screw up the monitor? If i just ignore the request to test i mean... .

Thanks! :flower:

I do actually stop testing after the first peak, just to save sticks. They are so pricey!

Its true tho, once you get your peak, the next day you'll get another peak and the day after that it will go back to high for a day and then low.

But HOW do you ignore the test request ?

Presumably you turn monitor on during the testing window, but when it requests a test, you don't. Will that not screw up the monitor ?

I am all for saving money on the sticks, especially if they aren't doing anything constructive, ie if they aren't doing anything as the monitor is on autopilot.

I want to make sure that it continues to monitor correctly...

x

I just ignore the test request and my monitor still works fine!

All you're really concerned about is your hormone levels BEFORE you get your peak... whatever your body does after, doesn't really matter.

:hugs: Good luck!

Thanks so much - they don't tell you that on the box, do they !? ;-)

Oh well.. I tested this morning and yesterday - albeit a waste of time - and yes I got a 2nd peak and then back to high today. I assume tomorrow that when I turn on the monitor it won't ask me to test - is that right ? Do I still turn it on every morning in the testing window, but presumably no more tests required, right ?

The 2WW starts today at DPO1... with a LP of 10-12 days... I guess I need to try hold off testing til AT LEAST the end of next week. Fingers crossed... I can keep clear of POAS...

Good luck xx

Of course they dont! LOL The more tests you use the more you'll need to buy which means more $$ for them! :haha:

The monitor asks you for tests in sets of 10. So if you got your peak within the first 10 tests, it wont ask you again for any more tests after you used 10 tests.

But lets say the monitor started asking you for tests on CD6 and you didnt get your peak until CD17... you used 12 sticks to get to your peak. The monitor will still ask you for 8 more tests! It's wild :haha: There is no need to use the other 8 tests... its just a waste!

After first peak, it always goes peak for a 2nd day and then high and then back to low until AF starts (or a bfp)!

Good luck this month!! Let me know how you get on :)

Ah i didnt know that. Batches of 10 - cheeky that!!!

Ok will stop. Dont want to waste my time and money on sticks..

Thanks all x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->