CBFM users...only highs, no peak on 1st cycle....how about you??

jwalk16

Reaction score
I posted this as a reply to people but just in case they don't see....

I have had 5 highs from day 12 to day 16. No peak so far. I am on day 16 of a possible 27/28 day cycle. Guess we'll see but I don't feel the luck of this cycle either. I was really hoping I would be one of these people that get a peak on the first cycle using the monitor. I have had EWCM for about 3 days or so during the highs. I had EWCM day 12 to day 15 with the majority of the EWCM being on day 13. DH and I BD'd on day 12, day 14 and plan to BD tonight. That was the most EWCM I have had in the whole time TTC. Did you have any peaks on your first cycle TTC with the monitor?

I did get tested last cycle on day 21 (even though I didn’t chart, temp or use the monitor) on progresterone, prolactin and my thyroid levels. She did the blood work and said everything was normal but my progesterone is @ a low normal. Range is between 5 and 10. Mine was @ 5.7. I didn't test in the morning (it was late afternoon) and I also didn't fast. She didn't seem too concerned and told me to track my cycles for 2 more months and if no pregnancy, she will do more testing. My DH has had a SA done and it was normal as well.

Feeling so down on TTC anymore. I see family and friends getting pregnant and think why not me. Just hoping, wishing and waiting.....

hey there... just wanted to offer you some reassurance.

just because you don't get a peak doesn't mean you can't get pregnant, and i have read quite a few reports of ladies getting pg without a CBFM peak on this forum and others. sometimes the monitor doesn't pick up the LH surge as it can be quite brief, and the hormone is only in your body for about six hours, i've heard

it's good that you've done the tests and as your dr seems unconcerned, i would take that as a good sign.

I had about 9 highs and no peak on my first cycle, and this cycle i'm still on low on day 16 :wacko: (i think it's 'cos i took evening primrose, which can delay your cycle.) just to confuse things, OPK's on day 12 & 13 showed positive...! you could always run with OPK's as well, esp. if you are getting ov pain and CM

you could monitor your temps as well to check if you have ovulated too (though i always forget to do this!)

good luck, i hope you get your peak - and your bump! - soon! :flower:

I'm on my third cycle using the CBFM and have only seen highs, so far. We'll see what this cycle brings. I've heard that is normal though, so I'm hoping to see it learn me soon.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->