CBFM users....please advise (2 highs and EWCM)

jwalk16

Reaction score
I have had 2 highs and no peak yet. I'm on day 13 of a possible 27 day cycle. Last 3 cycles have been 27 days with a day or 2 of spotting before AF comes. It is my first cycle using the monitor and this evening, I have a lot of EWCM. I was quite surprised about the EWCM since the whole time of TTC, my CM really hasn't been that much. So my question, do you think my body is getting ready to ovulate with the EWCM being the indicator?? My DH and I BD'd last night on the 1st high but my DH said he wants to wait for tomorrow to see if we get a peak. I just don't want to miss a good chance on TTC this cycle. It is our 7th cycle TTC and I'm 36.

CBFMs apparently take a bit to get to know your body. I'm starting my 3rd month on mine, and I've never gotten a peak, but I've had highs for as many as 20 days in a row. Then it goes back to low.

Since this is your first month, I wouldn't be surprised if you don't get a peak. Just wanted to give you an FYI in case, so that you don't freak out like I did the first time I used it.

Good luck!

Have you talk to your Dr about your Ovulations? They can do BW to see if you are O'ing.. My Dr said I'm not but I think BW missed it this month.. I O'ed the day after the BW was done... Dr gave me clomid and prometrium to make sure O happens next month.. I'm 36 with PCOS.

All I can say is that if you don't get a peak for more than 2 cycles you should consult your OB to be sure you are ovulating. I got a peak from the 1st cycle I ever used the CBFM.

I have had 2 highs and no peak yet. I'm on day 13 of a possible 27 day cycle. Last 3 cycles have been 27 days with a day or 2 of spotting before AF comes. It is my first cycle using the monitor...
[...]
...My DH and I BD'd last night on the 1st high but my DH said he wants to wait for tomorrow to see if we get a peak.

As its your first CBFM cycle I believe you may not get a peak at all, but that doesn't mean you didn't ovulate.

Currently on CD21 of my 2nd CBFM cycle, never had a peak on either cycle, which I understandis not uncommon....but at least this month my BBT chart is indicating that I did Ov, around CD16, even though CBFM gave no peak.

If your getting ewcm huni get bding!! You might get your peak tomorrow.

Anytime you've got ewcm, you need to be :sex: just in case. It's quite normal not to get a peak on your first month with the cbfm. I'm another one who didn't.

Thanks for replying. I have had 5 highs from day 12 to day 16. No peak so far. I am on day 16 of a possible 27/28 day cycle. Guess we'll see but I don't feel the luck of this cycle either. I was really hoping I would be one of these people that get a peak on the first cycle using the monitor. I have had EWCM for about 3 days or so during the highs. That was the most EWCM I have had in the whole time TTC.

I did get tested last cycle on day 21 (even though I didn’t chart, temp or use the monitor) on progresterone, prolactin and my thyroid levels. She did the blood work and said everything was normal but my progesterone is @ a low normal. Range is between 5 and 10. Mine was @ 5.7. I didn't test in the morning (it was late afternoon) and I also didn't fast. She didn't seem too concerned and told me to track my cycles for 2 more months and if no pregnancy, she will do more testing. My DH has had a SA done and it was normal as well.

Feeling so down on TTC anymore. I see family and friends getting pregnant and think why not me. We have BD’d 2 out of the 4 days of highs and plan to BD tonight. Just hoping, wishing and waiting.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->