CD 1 need opinions!

KelliGal

Trying for #2 with Infertility
Reaction score
What's the difference between taking fertility meds cd2-6 3-7 or 5-9?

I know I ovulate but we've never been able to implant. Am I just producing not mature enough eggs? If so, what cd should I be taking the meds? My doc said 3-7 but that didn't work either...

I'm Cd 1 today so if I should be doing 2-6 I need to decide soon!!

Thanks gals!

Hi kelligal

Sorry to see the witch got you but glad you have a cycle! I take clomid cd 2-6. I've read online that earlier clomid makes more follies and later clomid makes one stronger egg. However, it seems it's mostly down to consultant preference. I'm sticking with what I've been told because I know it's making me ov.

The early/more follies theory may be right though - this month I did 100mg and had 3 follies!! Not 100% sure they "popped" though.

Are you having a trigger or are you waiting to ov naturally? Have you done clomid before? What days & what has happened? (Sorry if you've mentioned this before - just can't remember!!)

Yeah that's my worry, to know if they will pop. I've done it 3 times, I ovulated 2 out of the 3 (50 & 100 MG) but no caught egg. The last time I didn't ovulate at all.

The first time I was on it I ovulated and I was in so much pain, but fortunately didn't get OHSS I also ovulated on like CD 20, and 25 the second round with it taking days 3-7. They were all wait to O.

I'm confused and really want to try 2-6 but I know I run the risk of not having mature follies, which does that mean they won't implant?

I don't think the days you take clomid affects whether they mature or not. There just might be more than one follie if you take clomid early.

Are you being monitored or do you have a clinic you can call & ask?

They might have had good reason for prescribing it on certain days for you. We still only have a 20% chance of conceiving each cycle so it might still just take a little time. There's a clomid club thread over in LTTTC if you want to join us? Maybe the others will have different ideas?

Yeah I do have a clinic I can call :) oh cool, I'll mozy on over to there and check it out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->