CD2 ttc#2 clomid.... Want a buddieeee!!!!

Discussion in 'TTC Buddies' started by Ashton25, May 31, 2011.

1. Ashton25

Ashton25 Pregnant - first trimeste

Hi! I'm trying to conceive a second child with no luck so far. My daughter is 3 1/2. I tried clomid last cycle and it made me kind of crazy. Wondering if I should give it another cycle. Need to decide by tomorrow! :). Would like someone with a similar cycle to share the journey. My cycles are around 28-29 days with O on cd 13-14.

2. Nursebecky31

Nursebecky31 Well-Known Member

I would love to share the journey but I have no idea what my cycle will be like since this is my first month on clomid! I am CD 5 right now, taking clomid days 3-7.

3. Ashton25

Ashton25 Pregnant - first trimeste

Hey Becky! I am taking a break from clomid this month but still going to ttc. I ovulate on my own anyways so not sure my doc knows what to do. Lol. Clomid was good and bad last month. I had one hot flash about 30 min after taking my first dose but none after that. But then came the mood swings the next week. I felt like I was pms-ing but 10 times worse and everyone got on my nerves. The reason it was good because I knew exactly when I ovulated because the pain woke me up from sleeping!
    I am cd 3 right now but a little confused because I am having such a weird period. I may be cd 4. Is this your first time ttc? First baby? Are you a nurse? So excited we can talk!

4. Nursebecky31

Nursebecky31 Well-Known Member

Hey Ashton! I also ovulate on my own, I just have very irregular cycles, usually from around 26-48 days. I had all of my lab work done and my HSG done last month and everything has came back fine. I was on prometrium for 5 months because the other OB I was seeing thought it would fix whatever was going on. It obviously didn't though. So I am anxiously awaiting O and hoping for the best this month. To answer your other questions, I am a nurse. I work in the NICU (which I absolutely love.) I also have two little boys. They are 8 and 6. We would have tried much earlier, but my husband didn't feel like it was a good time yet. I had no trouble with my first two at all. I did have one miscarriage in between them. So when we did start trying, I didn't expect to have any trouble...but surprise!! So anyway. I also am always aware of when I ovulate because I have ovulation pain the day I O every single time. So I am wondering what its going to be like on clomid if I already have O pain? LOL. Since I work nights, and day 3 for me started on one of my working nights, I decided to take it that morning after I got off, before I went to sleep. So I've slept the last 3 days directly after I took it. I do have a headache today and I have been mildly irritable. I have 2 more days to go, both of which I will be awake for after I take it so I will be interested to see what side effects I may have! I'm really excited to have someone to talk with as well. I see you're an ultrasound tech? I think that'd be a fun job to have. Oh! I also had an extremely odd period this month as well. It was the first post HSG cycle, and I started spotting 2 DPO and the spotting lasted until I started my period. I actually had to call and find out what they wanted me to count as day one because Friday I had light bleeding that stopped and turned into spotting again. Then I started for sure around 2 am (I was at work, so that was why I knew.) So I really wanted to count Friday as day one, but then we ended up counting Saturday as day one. I hope it was the right decision though! So I feel like I am either day 5 or 6, but going with day 5.