Cerazette Advice Please

LeannieB

Toby and Sam xx
Reaction score
Hi my LO is 7 months now and we are still EBF. I went to the doctors today as I am going back on the pill (cerazette). The doctor seemed really shocked that I havent had a period since my LO was born? I thought it was fairly normal to not have a period. I was the same with my other little boy. The doctor then looked up when I should start taking the pills as he said I should ideally wait until my next period. He then told me to go home and take a pregnancy test and then if negative (im not pregnant) to just start taking them straight away. Is that ok? He seemed really unsure. Thanks in advance x

Hi!

it's totally normal to not have a period, your LO is still quite young. I am still breastfeeding DD2 who is 16 nonths old (have to change breastfeeding blinkie) and haven't had a period yet:happydance: hoping it stays this way for months, a year or even longer:blush:

But apparently you can still ovulate without getting a period (friend of mine got pregnant at 8 months pp and was still mursing) so i think you can start taking the pill whenever you want.:winkwink:

Thank you thats really helpful. I will start taking it tomorrow morn xxx

If you take it now, it will be 7days till it becomes effective contraception. If you wait till the period (which you might never get!) it is supposed to be effective almost straight away. So yes take it now (if you know you are not pregnant) but use alternative contraception for a week (I think it is a week- the leaflet inside the pack should explain it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vz99vet
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->