Cerazette help

Louisa N

Reaction score
Hi, I've recently gone on to cerazette. My periods after having my youngest (just turned 1) were quite heavy, lasting about 5 days when they returned and I am anaemic so my gp agreed I could take the contraceptive pill with no break for six months and prescribed me Cerazette. I started taking them the day I was prescribed them which was (give or take a few days) mid cycle. 2 weeks later I start bleeding, just light at first and I thought maybe that would be all i'd get but the next day and for 5 more days I had quite heavy bleeding (on day 2 I passed a clot). I'm now day 9 and i'm still bleeding. For the last 3 days it's been quite light but for something that was supposed to delay my periods, it is making things worse!
Anyone have any experience of this pill?

Hi, I was on cerazette a good few years ago, I bled constantly for about a month before deciding to call it quits. I'm now on the injection (same hormones) and I'm having almost the exact same as you are with cerazette! In fact I've been bleeding for 3 Weeks today :/ I think progesterone just doesn't agree with some people :/ hope things get bedder or already have, just wanted you to know you're not alone on the constant bleeding front :L

From what I understand this particular pill can work in a variety of ways: stop your periods entirely (thus happened to me), cause you to spot or bleed continuously or not effect your cycles at all.
Might be worth speaking with your gp, who may suggest trying it for a couple of months and seeing if your body accept it.

It took me a few months before my body settled with this pill, but now I don't have any bleeding unless I'm late in taking it. You have to be quite strict with the time that you take it. I find that if I'm an hour or more out in taking it I'll get some spotting.
HTH

U shud start it day one of period, as u didn't u prob ovulated n therefore had period but oestrogen withdrawal can cause bleeding too n its a progesterone only so u may be experiencing that too. Cerazette stopped my periods from day one as did depo injection but it does work diff. U can take cerazette longterm iv been on it for 5 years

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->