Cerebral Palsy

Hi, my son doesn't have cerebral palsy, he has a different neurological disorder (affecting his motor planning, including speech). Didn't want to read and run, am sure someone will get back to you :hugs:

Thanks hun! I was just looking for some support I guess.. not just CP but with any type of developmental delay! How old is your son?

My son is 3.5 years old. He has delayed myelination which basically manifests as a dyspraxia, so he has difficulty with gross and fine motor planning. It also affects his speech. He has been in occupational and speech therapy since he was 21 months which has really, really helped. How about your son, is he also in therapy? :hugs:

Yep, he is in occupational and physio therapy. It helps so much!

HI :hi:

My daughter does. She had two strokes in utero and cant use her right hand. She also struggles with moving her legs properly. She is mildly *******.

She is ten months :flower:

Hi

My daughter has hemiplegic cerebal palsy affecting her right side, she's 3 and a half. She can sit unaided and bum shuffles, but is unable to stand or walk and has very limited use of the right arm/hand.

She also has speech delay and uses Makaton sign language.

Shortly after birth, whilst the doctors were fighting to keep her alive (due to the condition she was born with) she suffered oxygen starvation to her brain, this has resulted in the entire left hemisphere of her brain dying. She received regular physio and is improving all the time.

Feel free to PM me.

NB she has also been tube fed since birth (currently trying to get her to eat orally), wears a spinal brace due to scoliosis (developed as a result of the cerebal palsy) and has a raise on her shoe as one leg is shorter than the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->