cerezette to implanon?

londonbird

Reaction score
Had a natural miscarriage 3 weeks ago, oh has made me promise to get the implant fitted..much as I really dont want to.

Unsure about this- has anyone had it fitted before? what can I expect??

I know you have to abstain for a week afterwards, which is fine

I didnt bleed on cerezette previously, hoping it will be the same-really worried going to be spotting all the time

any info guys??

Thanks in advance

I had a bad experience on Implanon and had it removed after three months. I was previously on cerazette, which cause me to go slightly crazy....:blush: and so i switched to micronor which gave me acne and weight gain, which as my wedding was fast approaching i decided to try implanon. It was terrible, i bled for almost the whole time and cried for the rest! Not for everyone, some people have no side effects at all, i guess i should have known it wasn't for me as I seem to be a bit oversensitive to artificial hormones...condoms for me then :dohh:

I had it in for 3 years and blead about 4 times. I though i was ok on it but since coming off my sex drive has hit the roof and my mam and OH have said i was evil on it. So much so that he has agreed to buy and ware comdoms for the next year rather than me go back on hormonal contraception.

Everyone tells me to go on implanon but I'm also sensitive to hormonal contraception. I was on the pill and had depression and anxiety to the point where I stayed at home all day long unless I was at work, cried at everything (even adverts about car insurance?!), cried in the toilets at work because I wanted to go home, and couldn't cook fish fingers by myself. It was dire! Mind you, I've got a few friends who're on the implant and they think it's wonderful lol.
Sorry I'm not much use, I just take any opportunity to moan about the pill :p
Best of luck with your decision, wish you all the best :) xx

Cerezette was great for me, lost 3 stone, no migraines, no periods- if implanon is the same it would be fantastic

the doctor is offering me to trial the hormone for 1 month before having it implanted- sounds a good idea.

trust me..wouldnt be doing it if it wasnt for oh!!

i dont have experience of the implant.... but god not cerazette, its the pill from hell.xxxx

I've been on implanon for 11 months and will be having it removed in a couple of weeks to TTC. I've been on it before too, for about 2.5 years, and had no problems with it. No weight gain, hardly any bleeding, it seems that you really don't know how it will suit you until you give it a try unfortunately. The insertion of it isn't that bad, the worse bit is having the anaesthetic injection first! The removal was fine too. Well, you do end up with a nasty looking bruise for a week or 2 after it goes in and out, but that's pretty minor in the scheme of things.

I was on cerezette but i just bled constantly so they put me on implanon and that did the same i was bleeding constatly for six months. Then they gave me a low dose of the pill (marvelon) to take with the implant still in and that controlled the bleeding. In the end it was just 2 many hormones for me so got the implant took out and stuck with the marvelon x

I was on implanon for about 6 months before i asked to have it taken out. Like you, i also didnt really want it (I wanted to be ttc!) and i found that i got depressed on it. I think it was a combination of too many hormones (tho ive never had a problem with the pill) and the fact that i wanted to be ttc, and i felt completely trapped with it in; i felt like i had absolutely no control of my body, or any say in how my body "worked". I felt completely useless and pathetic. So i had it taken out, and went back on the pill (we still werent ttc, but i felt more like i had a say in it: i was choosing to take a pill each morning, rather than automatically being temporarily non-fertile!)

I was on implanon for about 6 months before i asked to have it taken out. Like you, i also didnt really want it (I wanted to be ttc!) and i found that i got depressed on it. I think it was a combination of too many hormones (tho ive never had a problem with the pill) and the fact that i wanted to be ttc, and i felt completely trapped with it in; i felt like i had absolutely no control of my body, or any say in how my body "worked". I felt completely useless and pathetic. So i had it taken out, and went back on the pill (we still werent ttc, but i felt more like i had a say in it: i was choosing to take a pill each morning, rather than automatically being temporarily non-fertile!)

I can imagine that makes all the difference, being in control of the BC, rather than it being in control of you as such. That's another thing I don't like about implanon, it's so permenant :/

he knows I wont take the pill again, so.. trapped between a brick wall it seems

begrudgingly going back to doc on monday, its a 4 week wait for implant anyway..thank god!!!

Thanks for all the info guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->