Cervical length 2.7cm..

jesssika

Mummy to Charlotte
Reaction score
I just had my follow up OB appointment after my 20 week scan last week, and he said my cervix was on the lower end of normal (it's 2.7cm) and they really start to worry at 2.5cm about cervical insufficiency, he told me he was slightly concerned and would be booking me another scan for when I'm 28 weeks to check up on the length.

Anyone had this? What does it mean for baby and I? Slightly stressing out after I read this https://healthymother.wordpress.com/2008/07/16/what-is-cervical-shortening/

:nope: google is not my friend.

Mine was about the same at 16 weeks and they said with it beig borderline they needed to keep an eye on it , by the time I had my anatomy scan at 18 it had lengthened and by my growth scan at 22 weeks it was at 3.8 cm so completely normal.

I wouldn't worry about it , they know about it so they can monitor it and intervene if they need to but as long as you don't have funneling I'm pretty sure it can lengthen over time

Mine is the exact same I'm 18weeks I get scanned every two weeks, I'm terrified the baby comes to early they worry if the cervix is less than 2.5cm did they measure you in the beginning?

Mine is the exact same I'm 18weeks I get scanned every two weeks, I'm terrified the baby comes to early they worry if the cervix is less than 2.5cm did they measure you in the beginning?

:nope: no, not at all, it's only routine at the 20 weeker, which is kind of crappy I guess?
Hope you can keep that little one in there and that cervix closed :hugs:

I had a scan at 22 weeks and my cervix length was 2.8cm, which the doctor said was "nice and long". I've since come home and googled it, discovering that 2.8cm is regarded as short by lots of people! But my doctor really didn't seem worried and I trust her, so I think that it just depends on what individual doctors are comfortable with. If you don't have any other health problems, I'd assume it's fine. There's no reason for the baby to come early. It's great that they can do such detailed scans these days, but I think it also just gives us more things to worry about!

I had a scan at 22 weeks and my cervix length was 2.8cm, which the doctor said was "nice and long". I've since come home and googled it, discovering that 2.8cm is regarded as short by lots of people! But my doctor really didn't seem worried and I trust her, so I think that it just depends on what individual doctors are comfortable with. If you don't have any other health problems, I'd assume it's fine. There's no reason for the baby to come early. It's great that they can do such detailed scans these days, but I think it also just gives us more things to worry about!

Maybe, maybe paired with my medical history that gave him reason enough to worry. I don't have any other problems with my cervix.

I haven't had that but im having scan at.28 Weeks to hun if he.was.worried you would have had scan.on a.week.or so if you have a.medical history that's normally for.28 week scan hope your scan goes well.xxXx

I just shared a post about my last visit. At our 18 week scan I measured 2.8 my doc was not concerned but the the US tech seemed to think she would be due to it being on the short end of normal. At first my doc said all was fine because there was no sign of funneling and see you in 4 weeks for a check up but I was so worried the next day I called and spoke with her an for my peace of mind she is lettinge me Come in this Friday (1 week and a few days later) I know me and I know I won't rest until I'm sure. I have had lots of constant aches and pains in my cervix area which she is also not concerned about. If all checks out then great!!! One less worry for me :) but I have taken it easy and put myself on pelvic rest until Friday just to be sure. My little boy is most important

Mine was 2.3 at 20 weeks, I'm not that concerned as the doctor didn't seemed concerned either, I also have another scan at 28 weeks, 90% of the times the placenta moves up as your uterus grows and some don't move up until 30 weeks or so.
2.8 is pretty good though!

Mine was 2.3 at 20 weeks, I'm not that concerned as the doctor didn't seemed concerned either, I also have another scan at 28 weeks, 90% of the times the placenta moves up as your uterus grows and some don't move up until 30 weeks or so.
2.8 is pretty good though!

I'm glad to hear it seems normal. I really also think it depends on the doctor and what they see on a daily basis. Also, I know sometimes through medical history they see the need to monitor. I just worry because of all the aches and pains I have right in that area. Do you have a lot of consistent discomfort down there?

Yes, some days it feels really uncomfortable but overall it hasn't given me any problems.
I think you'll find that the placenta will slowly move up so don't worry too much it's seems like a very common thing!

Yeah. Maybe my uterus is just trying to move up. I notice when I check his heart beat with my doppler that he is a bit higher now then he use to be. I go in tomorrow to be measured again just to be sure so I know that will help ease my mind a lot.

Mine was 3 cm at 20 weeks (which got me a little worried), but after some research, abdominal ultrasound usually underestimates the cervical length by a couple of mm, so I'm pretty sure everything is fine:winkwink:

Just an update: I went in this last Friday(10 days after my first cervix measurement) and my cervix went from 2.9 to 2.3...in only 10 days. I go back in Tuesday to get measured again. My Doyle still doesn't seem to be too worried because I'm not funneling but clearly I have shortens even more. She didnt even tell me pelvic or bed rest. When she left the room the US tech said... If I were you I would do both right away. So right now I'm in bed until my next US Tuesday. Still having lots of random aches and pains down in that area. Just trying to give it to God every time I worry. After all He's in control and knows way more about what's going on the. The doctor. We will see on Tuesday. Please say a prayer for me.
Also: listen to your body. If your concerned being it up. My doc wasnt going to check me again for a month and jut 10 days later it went down that much. Even the tech was glad I pushed for another US and did what I had to.

Abby, I'm 2.3 too, everything is moving in your uterus so there is also a chance it may go back up again. I wasn't told to rest either.

My next scan is at 28 weeks! I have a long way to go, hoping for good news for both of us!

How many weeks are you now?

Sunnysun, I sure hope so. I just think going from 2.8 to 2.3 in 10 days should be considered something to look out for. Thankfully no funneling but how long can that go on before there's trouble? Tomorrow is my next appt. I have put myself on strict bedrest since Friday so I'm praying that maybe it will do the trick. Most women I've researched said bed rest was definitely a huge reason they made it through with their little one safe and sound. I've just had lots of sharp or achy pains all day off and in the last couple days. Not sure if its baby kicking my cervix or what but it definitely hurts.
Isn't our uturus already suppose to be up? I have no idea

Update from today's cervix measurement: thank The Lord! Due to much prayer and the strict bed rest have helped my cervix to go from 2.3 to 2.6. Although its still on the short end of normal it's still progressing and not regressing! I've prayed and prayed. So thankful. So for this week I will be on moderate bed rest to see if that makes a Difference with the measurement for next tuesday. Hopefully it's a fluke and my cervix is fine! Prayer made the biggest difference!

Great news Abby, the placenta is moving up! I'll have to wait until 6th of September to find out!
I'm sure all will be well :)

I sure hope this is the case!! I get measured again on Tuesday and I'm praying that everything will be fine and I can get off bedrest! Right now I'm on moderate bedrest so I have been doing a little more than before. So we will see how the length is and if I'm good to go :)

Let me know how it goes, I was 2.3cm 4 weeks ago and I've been going up and down and everywhere, I try to walk at least for 20 minutes a day plus commute to work I only bed rest at night time! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->