Cervical length 2.7cm..

Ok. Sure will. Wow! You don't rest a whole lot then. I did strict bed rest for the 4days before I got re measured and it ha gone up 3mm. I'm on moderate now and I get measured next Tuesday. I'm pretty much just still resting a lot. Up an down to eat, shower, quick clean the kitchen or do a bit of laundry. Do you think I'm taking it too easy. I was thinking about going to church Sunday night too. Its around a 2 hour ordeal from start to finish...

Ah ah, yeah I don't rest at all really, although my work is sitting on a computer all day so that may help?
Had the doc told you to rest as much as possible ?everyone is different so you should do what you feel.

My doc wasn't worried and told me to carry on as normal, low placenta are very common and 90% of the times it should resolves by itself at a later stage. Try not to worry too much, will be fine!

I thought I would pop in for some reassurance. I had a scan yesterday at 18.1 weeks and found out my cervix is 2.8 cm/28 mm. It was an abdominal scan. My Doctor didn't seem too concerned and said we'll check it out again in 2 weeks (there's also a chance the technician measured it wrong she said). :nope:

This is terrifying to me because I have a history or PTL. :( My cervix wasn't short during my previous pregnancies though.

I thought I would pop in for some reassurance. I had a scan yesterday at 18.1 weeks and found out my cervix is 2.8 cm/28 mm. It was an abdominal scan. My Doctor didn't seem too concerned and said we'll check it out again in 2 weeks (there's also a chance the technician measured it wrong she said). :nope:

This is terrifying to me because I have a history or PTL. :( My cervix wasn't short during my previous pregnancies though.

So sorry to hear this :hugs: they usually only take action if the measurement they have is under 2.5, but its good that you have a follow up as the cervix can change length! Which means it could get longer (good) or maybe shorter (bad)! It's good that they're keeping on top if it though, this means you'll get the care you need!

Update: so last Tuesdays appt was not in my favor. My cervix is even shorter. 2cm now. Three weeks ago I was at 2.8, 2.3, 2.6,now it's 2.0. What's frustrating is that my doc still isn't very concerned and didn't even really recommend bed rest. I decided to put myself on bedrest until next Tuesdays re measurement. I was worrying myself sick over it until I realized its not in my hands....I feel like I have finally given it to God. As soon as I start to worry I remember the verse in psamls that says "Be still and know that I am God" I am praying that he guide and directs my doctor so that she makes the right decisions. I know I'm doing all I can at this point. My doctor says she has seen this situation many times before and so many women are just fine and go full term.

Hi Abby,

I know its been years since this post and i pray that by now you have a beautiful healthy child. I am in the same situation as you so i found your post. I'm currently 24 weeks and measuring at 2.8. Im really curious as to how the remainder of your pregnancy went. How did your cervix change and when did you deliver?

Hope to hear from youand thanks for your inspiring posts and faith :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->