cervical pain=dilation?

crissyj

Reaction score
I'm 35 weeks and I've been having the lightening crotch pains for a few weeks but this last week they are ridiculously painful and I'm also getting stabbing pains in my inner thighs and sometimes lower stomach. I'm wondering if my cervix is starting to efface and dilate? I know I could be dilated for a few weeks I'm just wondering what everyone's opinion is?

I have had the cervical hits for a long time now... And amping up over the last couple of weeks. I was still 0cm at my check last Monday, though :(

Mine has been feeling a bit paint on and off and consultant said yest that I am 2cm dilated with cervix length 1-2cm so could be!

I'm hoping it means things are progressing and I won't go over due lol

Not necessarily. Just spent a painful night of cramping/contractions with a lot of pain down there as well. No more dilated than I was before after a trip to L&D. :(

They sent me home and told me to relax and come back of it gets worse or my water breaks.

My ob told me yesterday that the lightening crotch pains are a result of babies head hitting your pubic bone/cervix area. Good sign that baby is coming down into place but does not equal cervical changes....sorry. I suffer from this too, its very painful. Takes your breath away and will double me over dead in my tracks. Poor hubby keeps thinking I'm going into every time I stop grab my lower belly and double over. Haha. He's probably on pins n needles

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->