cervical position and mucus when fertile?

Ley

mum to 3 pinks
Reaction score
OH and I are supposed to be "not trying" this month but I can't help being curious about any signs that I may be getting near to O day.
Can anyone tell me the position of your cervix and what cervical mucus will be like near to my ovulation?

I have no idea but didnt want to read and run!

I have different cycle lengths since coming off the pill, my last one was 26 days (took me by complete suprise to wake up at 2am bleeding when AF usually turns up in the afternoon after 3 days of period ache!) and my cycle before that was 31 days...

So I'm trying to look out for ovulation symptoms too just so that I get an idea of when I ovulate!

Hiya - im no expert but i have been checking my cervix the last few months just out of interest. When im ovulating it goes really high and open and really soft. I hope this helps. xx

thanks lovehearts, that is helpful x

When you are ovulating - or just about to ovulate, your get a lot more of CM and it is very gloopy and runny (many people describe it as being like egg white - you see a lot of people discussing EWCM). I am not sure about the cervix height - I have never checked that.

Another way of checking for ovulation is by using opks. They look a bit like pregnancy tests but you pee on them roughly half way through your cycle (this is obviously harder if you have an irregular cycle) and if the lines are as dark or darker than the control line then you will most likely ovulate within the day. The test tests for a Lutenizing Hormone surge (you get a surge of the LH hormone when you are about to ovulate).

Good luck!

xxx

eggwhite and high :) your cervix should also feel soft like your lips. After your period it is low and hard like your nose.

Sorry, I can't help with your question but thought I'd take the opportunity to embarass myself and ask - how do I even feel my cervix?? I've tried a couple of times just out of curiousity but don't really know where I'm feeling or what I'm feeling for! *blush*

Hi hun I found this sooo helpful in seeing the changes in your cervix and CM each month

https://www.beautifulcervix.com/cervix-photo-galleries/photos-of-cervix/

(Please be aware viewer discression is advised!)

Thanks Pluto, I had a look at the site and found it an education - just shows how amazing our bodies are! I had a bit of a poke about (the things you do for fun on a Friday night eh?!) but still not having much luck!

Thanks Pluto, I had a look at the site and found it an education - just shows how amazing our bodies are! I had a bit of a poke about (the things you do for fun on a Friday night eh?!) but still not having much luck!

I tried it too but I don't think my fingers are long enough.. maybe squatting over the loo and having a lunge helps? :rofl:

Ok TMI warning :rofl:

I sit on the toilet, put 2 fingers in and sorta lean forward. If its low I can easily feel my cervix but if its high is quite hard to reach. Its right at the back and you'll kno it when you feel it.

I sit on the toilet, put 2 fingers in and sorta lean forward. If its low I can easily feel my cervix but if its high is quite hard to reach. Its right at the back and you'll kno it when you feel it.

Thanks for the tip :thumbup: I shall lunge later!! :rofl:

That really helped actually, I think I definitely found it - I could even feel a little opening, which would be right as I should be on a fertile day. It's nice to be a bit more aware of what's going on in there! :thumbup:

ah good :) Glad it helped! X

Another way to feel your cervix is to 'bear down' - that can sometimes bring the cervix lower down :blush:

When your cervix is open, how big should the opening be? I've found my cervix (I think!) but don't really know what to do next! :blush:

I think I might just stick to taking my temperature rather than feeling around for my cervix :rofl:

You have to keep feeling your cervix to know what high/low and open/closed is FOR YOU.
I can just tell when mine is open :shrug: It's not a huge gaping hole is thats what you mean :rofl: Maybe google image cervix pics? then you'll know what you're looking for.

You have to keep feeling your cervix to know what high/low and open/closed is FOR YOU.
I can just tell when mine is open :shrug: It's not a huge gaping hole is thats what you mean :rofl: Maybe google image cervix pics? then you'll know what you're looking for.

I did that and now I know what I'm feeling for :thumbup:
Thanks! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back