Cervical Pregnancy... 6w 2d

amorrison

Reaction score
So here's my story. We have been TTC for over 2 years now. The past several weeks has been one heck of an emotional roller coaster. I lost my dear grandfather, unexpectedly, on April 4th. The day of the funeral, I was having all sorts of mixed emotions and just felt "pregnant". We tested positive on 4 test! Like I said... the start of my emotional roller coaster. The following Monday, I had on and off heavy to light bleeding. Went in for a vaginal exam, said cervix was closed and hard and sent for an hcg test. Levels were 1670 then 3327, 48 hours later. The doctors were giving us hope! U/S scheduled for this past Monday.... only to find out the the baby and the sac were implanted on the wall of my cervical canal. I was 6weeks 2 days. I was given the pills to speed up the process of the miscarriage that was inevitable at this point. I began to bleed uncontrollably heavy for the next 24 hours. I never thought it was humanly possible for someone to bleed this much and still be alive. My mother (my husband had to leave to go out of town right after the devastating U/S appt.) rushed me to the ER the next morning, I was gray in color and could barely stand up. They did another U/S to see if everything had passed... only to find out that I still had a lot of placenta attached to my cervix. As if I had not been through enough this week.... emergency DNC here i come. That was yesterday and today, I physically feel like a different person. I'm getting color back and not feeling as weak. Emotionally... I'm still a wreck.

My question is... has anyone else had a cervical pregnancy? The doc said it's a form of an ectopic pregnancy, but less common than a tubal? I'm wondering if this type of pregnancy can be recurrent in future pregnancies? I'm just numb and sad and scared... and I'm sure most of you reading this post, know exactly how I feel!!!

Thanks for listening to my story... as much as I hate to hear of other people hurting like I am... it does help me to know that I am not alone!

So sorry for the loss of your little one amorrison. I havent experienced a cervical pregnancy so i cant give any advice there but i lost my baby at 11 weeks and 4 days and i had a d and c at 12 weeks 1 day. You are not alone in your grief, hurt or worry for future pregnancies. This is my second loss. The first was at 4 weeks back in July '09. I know what u mean about an emotional rollercoaster. My rollercoaster might have had different ups and downs than yours but it stopped in the same place :( Myself and dh have gone from our early miss to really bad test results (dh has low sperm count and motility and i was told in september that both my tubes were blocked) then onto ivf whcih failed with poor results in december 2010 only to find out on the 8th of january that we got pregnant naturally. A little miracle baby, our miracle. Then to go on to lose our little one. Life is cruel and horrible.

I'm sorry i'm not much help with the cervical pregnancy question but i just wanted u to know that u are not alone :(

So sorry for your loss hun..... Cant offer any information except that everyone on this site is lovely and i really hope someone can help you out!!

x x

it must be scary to have gone through something that doesn't happen to a lot of people, it can be hard in getting comfort as not a lot of people can relate. i'm glad you're better physically, it sounded like you were put through the ringer. good luck with your ttc journey, good things ahead!

Never had a cervical pregnancy but I've lost an angel as well. about 14 weeks. You never forget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->