cervix position...

BrittBS

Expecting #2!
Reaction score
I am currently 4dpo right after ovulation my cervix lowered and went back to firm.... today I checked it and its VERY high, softer than it has ever been, and open. Is this normal?

Hi Britt

I dont check mine but hope this is a good sign for you lovely xx

That's strange! I'd BD just in case ;)

I am currently 4dpo right after ovulation my cervix lowered and went back to firm.... today I checked it and its VERY high, softer than it has ever been, and open. Is this normal?

this is happening to me at the moment too - and i have cm present as well. :wacko: i am 6dpo......so confused!!!:hissy:

Not really, I'm only 4dpo. Today I noticed my bb's are feeling different. Not any fullness or bigger size or anything just 'different'. Also, when hubby squeezed on them they kind of hurt, usually it doesn't bother me at all. If I remember right, thats how it started out with my last BFP! I'm not going to get my hopes up though!

After ovulation, your cervix will drop lower in your vagina and feel firm, like the tip of your nose. During pregnancy, the cervix will rise a bit and become softer, but the timing of this happening will vary from woman to woman. For some, this will happen shortly before their period is due, but for other, this will not happen until quite a while after their pregnancy has been confirmed.

OOOooo!! Look what I found! That sounds soooo good! :happydance:

I've also had sort of twinges today. I know its WAY to early for those though so I'm probably just imagining it or it's something else causing it.

OOOooo!! Look what I found! That sounds soooo good! :happydance:

oooohhhhh!!! :happydance::happydance:
i have had trapped wind, cramping and the cm and cervix situation. boobs have been really heavy and achy........just keep thinking that it is far too early for symtoms.
god i am going to be obsessed now checking whether it has dropped any!! :wacko:
fingers crossed for us both though - here's hoping. :happydance::happydance:

I found this on another website and found it really interesting. I think you guys will too (it's a long post though so sorry about that):

"During the beginning of the cycle, the menstrual bleeding, the cervix is normally low and hard and slightly open to allow the blood flow out. It feels like the tip of your nose. I normally don’t check it during menstruation, simply because of the mess. After the bleeding stops the cervix remains low and hard and the os - the opening to the uterus - remains closed. This will change the closer to ovulation you approach. The cervix rises up to the top of the vagina and becomes softer and softer. At the height of ovulation the cervix feels more like your lips than your nose and the os are open to allow sperm to enter in. Sometimes the cervix seems to disappear - which, of course, it has simply become so soft it blends in with the vagina walls and rises so high that the finger cannot touch it. This is known as SHOW - soft, high, open and wet.

The time frame for this to happen varies from woman to woman. Each woman is unique and must give herself several cycles to determine when events take place. Sometimes ovulation will start to happen and the cervix will rise and soften and then ovulation will be delayed for some reason. I have noticed that my own cervix seems to see-saw at different points - but in acquainting yourself with all your fertile signs - you learn how to recognize each one of them.

Once ovulation occurs the cervix drops to low and firm - once again feeling like the tip of your nose-roughly 24-48 hours after ovulation and the os become tightly closed. (The os in a woman who has given birth vaginally will feel more open at all times because of the stretching that occurred at the birth of her baby.)

When pregnancy occurs, the cervix will rise up and become soft, yet the os will remain tightly closed. This occurs at different times in different women. Some women may find that twelve days after ovulation their cervix will do this and is a probable pregnancy sign. Others won’t experience this until well after the pregnancy has been confirmed."

oooohhhhh!!! :happydance::happydance:
i have had trapped wind, cramping and the cm and cervix situation. boobs have been really heavy and achy........just keep thinking that it is far too early for symtoms.
god i am going to be obsessed now checking whether it has dropped any!! :wacko:
fingers crossed for us both though - here's hoping. :happydance::happydance:

YAY! When will you be testing?

next weekend i reckon - unless the :witch::witch: rears her ugly head before then. how about you?
i am getting giddy now - i need to stop!!!!:blush:

I'm not due until next Saturday but I'll probably cave in and test early! :blush: I might test on thursday because I'll be 12dpo.

I'm not due until next Saturday but I'll probably cave in and test early! :blush: I might test on thursday because I'll be 12dpo.

i know what you mean - i am going to try and be good though! i keep buying them and hiding them in the house. My OH thinks i am bonkers!!! :rofl:

i know what you mean - i am going to try and be good though! i keep buying them and hiding them in the house. My OH thinks i am bonkers!!! :rofl:

I was good with my first pregnancy... I didn't even OWN a test until the day before I tested and I didn't test until I was 4 days late. Now.... I have over 100 cheapie pregnancy tests off ebay :blush: I'm not going to be able to keep my hands off of them! :dohh:

hummm my cervix today has gone high and soft and seems open....beginning of the week i'm sure it was lower - maybe i'm o-ing late as first cycle off pill but i saw ewcm around CD 6 - 8 then nothing....confused or what lol

i've been BDing all month anyway so fingers crossed

x

well today my cervix is barely reachable- and soft and seems a bit more closed than yesterday morning. Think maybe i have ov late - but then again i am pretty sure that i ov last friday. wish i knew for sure. think it is time to buy the cbfm!!!!!
my symptoms are still the same - sore boobs that comes and goes, cramping and i just feel really achy all the time - like i am going to have AF - but far too early for her to be showing signs already with 1 week to go!!! arghhhhhhh!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->