cervix question

ProudMum

Reaction score
how do you know if its an incompetent cervix if typically the cervix doesnt close properly externally after even one vaginal birth.
Mine still feels open and when i mentioned it to the midwife was told that a cervix never fully closes anyway... if this is the case, nobody will take my concerns seriously. Thats been proven already :(

Sorry honey, I don't know where you live or your history. I had a risk factor for IC (had laser surgery to remove precancerous cells) but was told by my consultant that unless I had lost 2 babies in the second trimester they wouldn't take it seriously. I had to pay privately for my scans and consultations and then take htat back to my NHS consultant who eventually treated my IC. If you are worried i would pay for a private scan and consultation. I did a thread about my experience a while back.

Thank you for your reply.
I spoke to my son's health visitor yesterday who was also trained as a midwife and she said normally things like IC don't just develop.
I havent had any surgery on my cervix nor had any premeture births so my concerns would just been looked upon as "worry" without cause.
I had my son at almost 42 weeks and as far as I know that all went ok... the scan on the cervix would cost £125 and with a consultation it would add up to around £275.
I'm not really sure what to think to be honest but thank you for your reply.

My friend recently had a baby and her midwife told her that it's perfectly normal for your cervix to remain 2cm open forever after your first baby.

my experience is this, i had 4 large babies at term, 1 d and c and it has all left me with a IC. i had a shirodkar stitch put in with this pregnancy as my daughter was born prem and passed away in feb, IC can just happen, i never ever imagined after 4 full term births i would labour prematurely, i knew really last time when my plug came away in parts at about 14 weeks, scans this time at 12 weeks showed a cervical length of 2cm (normal is 3-5). just taking it quite easy alothugh not on bed rest, and praying i get to 24 weeks atleast this time x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->