cervix question

jojo23

mum to 1 angel baby
Reaction score
hey girls bit of a duh question....
how do i check my cervix and what should I be looking out for? never did it before and have no idea where to start so any advice appreciated xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hugs:

i always wondered this but figured i couldnt check mine because it is retroverted. ... stalking

i always wondered this but figured i couldnt check mine because it is retroverted. ... stalking

yeah i know alot of ladies on here who check and its a good way of getting to know your body so i figured it might be good to start... hope we can get some advice xxx

First you need to find your cervix! Use clean hands and insert one or two fingers. Your cervix is at the end of your vagina. Its kinda like a.....lump? Hard to describe. But thats it at the end. I've been checking mine for months and months and only just started to tell the difference between, hard, soft, open, closed, high, low, etc. There is a website called My Beautiful Cervix that has photographs of cervixes (is that a real word?)
As I have already had children, and cervical surgery, my cervix always feels a bit open, but I can tell the difference between "open" and "closed". It took a while.

I also have a retroverted uterus, but can still find my cervix. I have learned that when i'm fertile, my cervix is realy high and hard to reach, and right before AF is really low and feels really soft.
I check mine while sitting on the loo. Make sure you are in the same position each time you check.

Hope this helps. xx

First you need to find your cervix! Use clean hands and insert one or two fingers. Your cervix is at the end of your vagina. Its kinda like a.....lump? Hard to describe. But thats it at the end. I've been checking mine for months and months and only just started to tell the difference between, hard, soft, open, closed, high, low, etc. There is a website called My Beautiful Cervix that has photographs of cervixes (is that a real word?)
As I have already had children, and cervical surgery, my cervix always feels a bit open, but I can tell the difference between "open" and "closed". It took a while.

I also have a retroverted uterus, but can still find my cervix. I have learned that when i'm fertile, my cervix is realy high and hard to reach, and right before AF is really low and feels really soft.
I check mine while sitting on the loo. Make sure you are in the same position each time you check.

Hope this helps. xx

thanks hun thats a great help!! ill start trying today and see how i get on xxx

FertilityFriend also has information on checking the cervix. I have just recently found mine, and I'm still not sure about the differences between position and opening.

FertilityFriend also has information on checking the cervix. I have just recently found mine, and I'm still not sure about the differences between position and opening.

thanks littlebird ill have a look. i chcked today and found it pretty easily, it just felt firm and low but since its my first time im not stickin to that lol!! thanks again xx:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->