Cervix soft at 29 weeks & FFN test... Any advice?

KelseyK

Reaction score
I went into the doctor today for my weekly check up and I told her about some stomach pain/cramping that I had last night. I told her I wasnt sure if it was gas pains or something else but it hurt pretty bad. She decided to check my cervix and she told me that it was really soft so she did the ffn test ( I think thats what it was) to see if I will go into labor within 2 weeks, I'm still waiting back for that.

I asked her if it was normal to soften at 29 weeks and she said no. I'm not dilated or anything, should I worry? Has anyone else had a soft cervix early on?

Me and I'm still here at 50% effaced and 2cm dilated lol they don't do the ffn test here anymore, when I asked why they said its wasnt accurate enough for everyone ;-s who knows lol xxx

My cervix was really soft (like butter, that's what I was told!) and I was 1cm dilated at 28 weeks, and guess what - I'm still pregnant at 40+1! LOL. I hope that's the case with you as well...not necessarily going overdue :)

Thanks ladies :)

I wonder if they had a problem with the ffn being false positive or false negitive?

Hopefully it just comes back negitive :) he needs to stay in muuuuch longer!

I'm eager to find out what is going on because I'm heading to Vegas next weekend for my wedding. If the test turns positive I guess that won't be happening :(.

I have no advice to give you but My cervix has been very soft since the beginning. I'm on my 3rd baby so I heard this was normal...however, I will be bringing this up to my midwife at our next visit just to make sure everything is ok. I'm not too worried about it tho.

I'm sure everything will be fine for you too :hugs:

Thank you! That makes me feel good :)

At 17 weeks I was told my cervix was slightly open and very soft. They did an ultrasound and it was closed on the inside and the cervix was still long. It was just the outside that looked " questionable". I'm 34 weeks tomorrow and it hasn't posed an issue. Hope it's the same for you.

Thanks!! :)

I wasn't worried at first when she said it was soft until SHE was worried it was soft :/ I just hope I get my ffn results back soon.

I've had it 2x in the last month both times it came back negative thank goodness! It's suppose to be more accurate with a negative than if u get a positive ... it took till the next day to find out...hope urs comes back -!!!!!

I had one at 25 weeks in the hospital when I was having contractions. My results were negative and I passed the 2 week mark and no baby lol so I guess the test was accurate for me :)

I had 4 positive FFN tests from 22 weeks (I only had them because Ive had a preemie)
I went overdue :rofl:

Negatives are reliable, the positives arent. Although they cant tell if its a false reading or not until those 2 weeks pass. If you've had sex in the last few days - you could very well get a false positive.

FFN test results should be available within 1-2 hours so you could hound them ;) Its just a electric machine that reads the swab

I had mine last week. It came back negative. :flower: 1 week later and we're still good so I'm hoping it stays that way! Hope you get your results soon!

Don't rely on that test too much because I have has a positive at 24+2 and although I had mild contractions they had them stopped and I just had to have the steroids.when I saw the midwife that tested me a week later on the ward she said in these terms that although a negative is definitely a negative a positive can sometimes be false.also as only certain pregnancies are tested its not a true account as she said they would prob have many more false positives if they tested everyone at say 24 weeks they might get 50% pos with only 10 % having baby before 37 weeks so try not to worry too much x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->