cesarean- post opp troubles

twin mum 27

Reaction score
Hi i am day 3 post cesarean. While im loving my baby girl being here, I am having some concerning post op issues.

Firstly, i have no sensation of when my bladder is full.
I have full use of my bladder once i sit on the toilet i can easily empty and control flow, but i have no sensation to say "hey u need to pee". Im told this can happen and to give it time
Anyone else?

Also, I have some risisual numbness in my thighs aswel as my butt. My lower back snd hips are also really painful. When walking its like an ache. When ive been sitting my butt and lower back go numb?
My lower back also feels really weak..

Alsl i havent been able to open my bowels, despite the lactose I'm taking twice a day..

Please tell me this is all normal or 'normalish' for 3 days post op!?

Thanks!

I had a c section in 2014 with my first baby. I'd say it's all normal. It's a hazy memory now (tried to block most of it out) but yes I never knew I needed a wee either I just went to the bathroom to change my towel and clean myself up so I would go and a river would come lol.

The numbness lasted about a week with me, try and move around as much as possible but don't over do it. Also I found sitting on something soft, as my sofa was low I used to put a folded up fever on the cushion and sit on that. Seemed to help my hips and lower back.

And the bowels, I had my section on the Sunday morning and didn't go to the toilet till the Friday evening. The midwifes told me to drink plenty of water and eat lots of greens. I did but it didn't help at all. My body didn't want to let it go until it was ready to.

I would say if these problems ain't getting better after 7 days post op then I would see your doctor but for now it's perfectly normal. Or as normal as it can be. I hope you recover very soon. Rest up and relax. :) xxx

I'm going to say it's not normal. I've had 2 cesarian sections and never experienced any of the above. The fact that you can't feel your bladder being full is concerning and with the numbness in butt id want to get it checked out and make sure they didn't hit a nerve! Call your dr I'm sure he can out your mind at ease. Maybe he has experience with those things post op? I can't say I do. Sorry xx

I agree with laila. I've also had 2 sections and didn't get any of that.

The not being able to feel a full bladder would be something I would see medical advice about sooner rather that later. I would not say that is normal and might be a sign of neve issues

I had the not being able to feel a full bladder problem.
When we went for a wee in hospital we had to wee in one of those cardboard bed pans and have a nurse come and check it, I got wrong for filling an entire one that was 1000ml but I just didn't feel like I needed a wee! It went after a while. I just made sure I went and tried regularly.

I cant particularly remember needing to wee in hospital but I have a bladder of steel so I tend not to need to pee very often anyway.

In terms of pooping, they apparently give you something to slow your bowels down. I went a whole week without pooping (I'm normally very regular, once per day at pretty much the exact same time) - when I did eventually go it was huge! Are you on iron tablets? They made me worse too.

If you are in the UK call the maternity ward. When are you due a midwife visit? I got out of hospital on day 3 and the midwife visited me the following day.

I didn't experience any of that that when I had my c-section. The numbness went away after less than a day. I still have a small section right below the incision that is still numb but I am told that will get better as it takes the nerves a long time to heal.

I did have trouble going poop -- took about 3 days after to have a poop. That is a long time for me because I am normally very regular and I get nervous if I don't go for more than a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->