Cetro umbilical cord ring?

Kess

Reaction score
Other than homebirthsupplies.co.uk does anyone know where to buy a Cetro umbilical cord ring? IMW for DS used one (she supplied it) and I want one for this next baby (NHS this time so I'll have to get it myself), but the above website will only send me one out 1st class signed for at a cost of nearly £5 despite the cord ring itself only costing £1.49! I asked if they'd just stick me one in an envelope and pop a 2nd class stamp on it, but apparently not! :dohh: Can't find on ebay or amazon. :(

Do you need one? I plan to use a cord tie that I'll have the women at my blessingway make.

I would rather one, NDH. I know embroidery cord ties are fine, the WHO says they have no concerns about them, but I do know of a study in which 13% of cords tied with them began to bleed again necessitating re-tying (which although probably not a big deal generally would freak out DH), compared to none in the cord ring group. Also I'd feel the need to sterilise, personally, and that's another thing to faff with just before birth whereas the cord ring comes in a sterile packet. And the embroidery cord ties just remind me too much of the friendship bracelets we used to make as kids! :haha:

I've found several sites in the US that sell the cetro cord rings and similar, I can't believe we only have one site over here!

Oh that's interesting. I do plan to leave the cord long enough that I probably wont even feel the need to tie it and just do so as a formality really. That or I might do cord burning instead, I haven't decided yet.
How frustrating you can only find one site that sells them and postage is so dear. Have you tried contacting an IM and seeing if she has any she'd sell to you?

I can't leave the cord long, really, DH is squeamish about the cord so the neater and less obvious the better!

That's a good idea, I could email the IMW I had with Ro and see if she'd sell me one. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->