Chammomile Tea linked to Still Birth

Mahoghani

Reaction score
You can take or leave this.

I went to my first OB appointment today and we were talking about being careful about different kinds of tea during pregnancy. She was telling me about a study conducted in her office by one of the interns about the effect of chammomile tea during pregnancy. Apparently there is a connection between chammomile tea and still birth. For whatever reason the study hasn't been published yet so I can't tell you WHY, but, as I am already paranoid, that's a good enough reason for me to leave chammomile tea alone until after I give birth. I keep finding all sorts of this stuff that isn't widely publicized. And as I said, you can take it or leave it. But I wanted to share the warning with all of you.

Also, papaya. Espeacially green papaya. It can cause uterine contractions and is used to induce menstration and/or miscarriage in some countries. Ripe papaya supposedly has significantly "less" of the chemical that causes this problem but personally, to be safe, I am steering clear of it. I have a friend who ate a large amount of ripe papaya the day before she began to miscarry at 8 weeks. Of course, there is no way of telling what caused her miscarriage for sure but she believes it was the papaya.

Anyone else have anything not usually on the "foods to avoid" list that we should be avoiding? There's a disturbing number of things that aren't listed there that are harmful to your baby that you'd never think about. At least that's what I'm finding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->