Chances of baby no.2 been premature?

Mrs M

Mother of 2 girls :-)
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you with more than 1 child can tell me is it likely that baby no.2 will be premature if your first baby was? Did you have a premature baby and then go on to have a full term baby?
I had my dd at 36 weeks and 3 days and had a very 'normal' pregnancy. Do not even know why she came early, no problems etc. She was 5lbs 6ozs born and we were only in hospital 5 days as she had jaundice but no other problems.

Do you think il be monitored more closely next time?

Thanks. x

I didn't want to read and run. I'd like to know this too. My LO was born very early, and I'm terrified of that happening again.

Have a look on the thread in this section support for pregancy after a prem. There is a few woman already give birth at term and some still pregnant but further than before. I think all of them have consultant led care this time round.

Hey
I had my preemie at 27+4 and im now 33+5.

Im no doctor but if there was no reason for your babies early arrival then its high chance you can get to term (37 weeks) as you were only days off it :)

Our pregnancy after preemies thread has great stats so far

Hey
I had my preemie at 27+4 and im now 33+5.

Im no doctor but if there was no reason for your babies early arrival then its high chance you can get to term (37 weeks) as you were only days off it :)

Our pregnancy after preemies thread has great stats so far

That's fantastic! I know I wasn't far off full term and I was never given or it was never looked into why my dd arrived early but it's in the back of mind, would the next baby come earlier etc. I know I could possibly go fullterm and I've started reading the pregnancy after premmies thread and it seems like alot of you ladies are doing great!

Thanks for your replies. X

Poppy arrived at 34+2 after STROM. Florrie hung on till she was 36+4. I was monitored more closely with my second pregnancy but only really because I insisted on it as I was worried about having an incompetant cervix.
Good luck!

With my daughter I was put on bed rest at 27 weeks being 2cm dilated with bulging waters. She hung in there until 31w2d.

This time around im going on 33 weeks and no bed rest!! I had a scan last week which showed cervix is starting to thin but not dilate, so I will probably go out on maternity leave this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->