Chances of concieving relative to ovulation date?

Celesse

Reaction score
Does anyone know the statistcial chances of concieving based on the CD you have sex? For example x% chance on day of ovulation, x% day before ovulation, x% day after?

Both my children where conceived on the day of ovulation. This cycle I ovulated yesterday but we didn't DTD. We did however DTD the day before. I know I'm in the window but wondering what the stats say?

just found this..

As you can imagine, it's tricky to pinpoint the exact day or two just before ovulation. So your best bet is to enjoy having sex every two or three days during your cycle.

But if you want to delve into the statistics, here they are. Assuming you and your partner have normal fertility, your likelihood of conceiving is:

four per cent if you have sex five days before ovulation
15 per cent if you have sex four days before ovulation
25 per cent to 28 per cent if you have sex one or two days before ovulation
eight per cent to 10 per cent if you have sex within 24 hours of ovulation

When you'll ovulate in any given cycle depends on:

the length of your menstrual cycle
how regular your periods are

A menstrual cycle can be as short as 22 days or as long as 36 days. On average, a woman gets her period between 12 and 14 days after she's ovulated.

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/a1809/timing-intercourse#ixzz2UrBrMmT8

Thats fab post, exactly what I was looking for.

So both my children where concieved during peak EWCM, which I'm guessing counts on those statistics as one day before ovulation, since ovulation happens at the end of the peak mucus. Which means I have similar chance of conception having DTD within 48 hours of ovulation rather than within 24 hours?

With DS we DTD the day before and then a couple of hours after I got ovulation pains. I always thought I got pregnant the time after ov but I guess there's a much higher chance it was from the day before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->