Chances of homebirth?

RoxyRoo

Mummy to two <3
Reaction score
Hi ladies, I know it's probably a little early for me to be thinking about this but I've decided that I'd really like to request a homebirth.

The only thing is, I live 20 miles/30 minute car journey from the hospital. Will they say that's too far in case of emergency? Or do you think that's ok?

Also, as a second option I would consider a birth centre but can't seem to find one in my area, so I guess that option is out!

Any info would be great :)

Wales is on a push to actively encourage HB's at the mo hun!

You arent too far and you cannot be refused. Bear in mind if there are any idications that you need a transfer those signs will be picked up on more quickly and dealt with by your MW who you have 100% of the time adn whose attention you have 100% of the time unlike hospital.

Afterall....it is very rare for something to happen that needs immediate intervention outside of the realms of a good MW with no warning signs.

Thank you for the great info, it really helped :)

I will be having my booking appointment in the next week or so, so will mention it to my midwife then.

I've just been reading some statistics about my hospital and the intervention rate is the highest in the country :wacko: which has only confirmed my choice for a homebirth.

Thank you x

There are some links in the first page of the homebirthers and hopefuls thread at the top of the page that are really good.

We're a pretty supportive bunch so if you face any opposition we'll be here to back you up LOL.

Wales are all about the HBs!! If anything the further you are from a hospital the better a 'planned' HB is so there's no rushing in and having babies in cars! They factor transfer time in to everything so they are actually looking that bit further ahead with a HB.

The first thing I was offered on where to birth was a home one *dances* which is kinda good as that was what I was planning lol. But as I am new to the area I thought as the team didn't know me that well I would have to actually put the idea forward

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->