change in movement patterns

minichicky

mummy to isaac
Reaction score
Has anyone elses little on changed its movement patterns?

I started feel proper regular movements about 3 weeks ago and could pretty much guarantee when LO would move.
But over the weekend it seems to have changed.
I know your not supposed to start counting movements until a few weeks on yet but when they talk about 10 movements, do they literally mean 10 kicks or moves, or 10 'bouts'. Mine can kick and wriggle constantly for 10 minutes or so, well over 10 times but it seems to be now late at night or early in the morning. I mean 11pm and 6am. If this were reversed and it were 11am and 6pm I wouldn't be worried, not that I am worried, I just wonder if anyone else have experienced this?
Thanks

I've found it depends a great deal on what I'm wearing and what I'm doing how much I feel the baby.

If I wear tighter trousers and sit at my desk too long the baby goes nuts when I stand up! I think I must not be giving it much room :dohh:

But if I wear baggy trousers and lounge about I hardly feel him/her till I'm laying down at night :shrug:

I figure it is just because there is still a lot of room in there, but you are a bit further on than me...

Mine has changed his habits this week too. Before he was moving around a lot every couple of hours. He was most active in the evening after 7pm and before bed around midnight. This week he has started being most active early in the day and very quiet at night. I wouldn't worry though because they say they don't fall into a real pattern for a few more weeks.

Im the same. I did get worried that after feeling her moving around almost all the time she seemed to just stop on Sat. Now im getting movements late at night and if i eat something sweet. maybe they have a growth spurt at 24 weeks and need more rest? Thinking this as were all around there? x

i found mine used to move in the evenings more last weekend she was going mad then for the last week hardly felt much just a few movements, last night she started up again but not how it was before its now proper kicks and can see my belly moving, guess she had a growth spurt last week...lol

Thanks everyone, You have made me feel better!
Maybe they do have a growth spurt? I know its changed positions as Im now getting kicks quite high above my belly button so maybe thats just it?

Mine basically only kicks once I've eaten so I figure s/he lives for the sugar rush!

I have noticed this the last couple of days, used to be guaranteed that id get a good few kicks when laid down for bed and about 3 am and then again about 6am but last few nights had nothing at all and got to the point where I was up worrying and poking lol, thank goodness for my doppler. Seems she has just moved position and now seems to kick all day and sleep at night, hopefully a sign of things to come :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->