Change in paypal?

twiggy56

Mummy expecting #2
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed a change in paypal payments?

Iv tried to 'Gift' money and its coming up with a fee?? It gives the option to tick or un-tick who pays the fee but surely if its a personal gift there should be no fee?

Anyone else got this?

Mine is the same as always has been, no fee, or even an option. I justtested and it comes up as this before I confirm

Gift For £5.00 GBP [email protected]

Your fee: £0.00 GBP
Your total charge: £5.00 GBP
£5.00 GBP

lisa will receive: £5.00 GBP
£5.00 GBP

I had that happen too Twiggy and have had people say they have gifted to me but I have been charged :nope:

I HATE Paypal anyway and this does nothing to make me any happier about using them!

xxx

i've found that if the money comes off my card i get charged a fee but if its in my PP then i dont x

/\ WSS

Ive got money in my paypal account at the mo so if I gift anything its free but if the money was going from my debit card account via paypal thats when they charge.

I had this with pops :) I gifted the money - came up with no charges and Pops got charged :( its really weird the way it works!

Oh no, I didn't know that :(

I sent something gifted yesterday (well, my DH did :blush:), I hope it hasn't charged!

Lisa - let me know if it has charged you, and I'll make up the difference if it has!

It's probably because so many people are sending money as a gift when it should be a payment. Paypal is a business and has to keep afloat some how you know? I know it sucks but it's not that much really. But you should never send money as a gift when you are paying for things, even if you know the person I have seen sooooo many reputable people selling on other forums with hundreds of positive feedback suddenly have something happen in their life and start scamming people...the only way the buyer is protected is if you send it the correct way

yep i agree with that and only gift when i am comfortable with it. I doubt PP is going to go bankrupt because i've sent a few gifted payments :flower:

money in my pp or sent via bank transfer can be sent as a gift for free, if it's going by CC i always send as a purchase and cover fees as i may as well be getting the protection if i'm paying for it. Makes no sense to gift and cover fees

Well I'm sure your few payments aren't a big deal...but I heard on another forum that runs a bunch of coops the hosts were asking everyone to send the payments as gifts...those hosts now owe $3000+ in fees...and there are quite a few of them...that's a lot of money lost by just one forum you know?

What you need to do is set up your primary payment source(ie the one they use if paypal account is empty) as your bank account not your debit card. I never get charged for gifted as it comes instantly from my bank account and not through the debit card.

Thanks girls- only just getting back round to this...

the lady I was gifting to was trustworthy so I didnt have a problem gifting. I only usually gift with BnB ladies Iv known a while anyway as a rule....

she says the fees have transferred into the total so they charged me fees and then added them ontop on the total so they received 54p more even though they said it was 54p fees?! :wacko:

CONFUSED.COM

My pp is linked to my bank account so shouldnt have been a problem- and over half the amount was in my pp funds aswell...

:shrug: Im none the wiser :rofl:

You need to make sure that when it says "if your paypal account has no funds it will transfer from x" - that x is you bank account and not your debit card.

Omg I send things gifted and it takes it off my card.. if anyone I've sent money to recently gets charged for my transactions, please let me know! :flower:

Oh no, I didn't know that :(

I sent something gifted yesterday (well, my DH did :blush:), I hope it hasn't charged!

Lisa - let me know if it has charged you, and I'll make up the difference if it has!

I didn't get charged from yours :thumbup:

I sent Jac money for a nappy by gift and she didnt say it charged her and that was using a instant bank transfer

Ive had a mixture, sometimes ive had fee's and sometimes not, but since i verified my acc ive not had any fee's, regardless if ive had PP balance or not... before it was linked so if i had 8 in pp but spent 10, 2 would come off my card, but id get a fee. now it comes out my acc and no fee?? make sense? i think thats why.

mynx, i didnt get charged from your payment last time!

Ive had a mixture, sometimes ive had fee's and sometimes not, but since i verified my acc ive not had any fee's, regardless if ive had PP balance or not... before it was linked so if i had 8 in pp but spent 10, 2 would come off my card, but id get a fee. now it comes out my acc and no fee?? make sense? i think thats why.

mynx, i didnt get charged from your payment last time!

That's interesting, I wonder if this has anything to do with it? My account is verified too, needed to be for Fleabay.
Anyone else got a verified account but still charged fees on gifted?

yep my OH's is verified, if we spend a larger amount when there's no pp in the account it insists on using the debit card rather than bank transfer and charges. I'm not sure what the cut off is though. I was once trying to send about £40 to someone with approx half of it in my account. When i was sending as one payment it wanted to charge me and wanted to take off the card (which had been cancelled after my OH lost it) so i sent the money that was in pp then did the rest seperate and it let me do a bank transfer FOC :shrug:

i am curious what this other forum i that does lots of coops :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"