Change in paypal?

Iv got a verified account...

thats why I was miffed by the 'apparent' fees!

but they havent charged me...just said they were going to?!

:wacko:

maybe it was just a screen error.. u can try again gift someone 50p and they can gift it back.. testing testing!

From paypal....

The Personal payment categories are for payments between individuals for no commercial reason, i.e. for the purpose of personal, family and/or household affairs:

• Gift: Sending a monetary gift
• Household Expense: Paying a roommate for sharing the rent
• Personal Payment Owed: Splitting a lunch bill
• Other: Personal payment that does not fit in to any of the other categories

Note: Recipients of credit or debit card funded 'Personal Payments' will incur a fee. However if you choose to pay for a 'Personal Payment' by credit or debit card, you can opt to pay the fee instead of the recipient. The receiving fee is calculated as 3.4% of the payment, plus £0.20.

So make your bank account the primary funding source and you won't get fee's!

From paypal....

The Personal payment categories are for payments between individuals for no commercial reason, i.e. for the purpose of personal, family and/or household affairs:

Note: Recipients of credit or debit card funded 'Personal Payments' will incur a fee. However if you choose to pay for a 'Personal Payment' by credit or debit card, you can opt to pay the fee instead of the recipient. The receiving fee is calculated as 3.4% of the payment, plus £0.20.

thanks for clearing this up for me hun...

when you say make my bank account the primary funding source do you mean 'confirming' my bank account like when they ask you to transfer an amount ans they put it back to you with a code in 3 days which you state to get it linked?

coz iv done this already?

They changed a few months ago now. It's only if you send a gift by credit card payment i think though, if you do it by DD/ pp funds they don't charge :flower:

ETA; dohh really should read thread whole way through before answering :blush:

From paypal....

thanks for clearing this up for me hun...

when you say make my bank account the primary funding source do you mean 'confirming' my bank account like when they ask you to transfer an amount ans they put it back to you with a code in 3 days which you state to get it linked?

coz iv done this already?

you need to have a confirmed account yes but you also need to set your bank account as the primary funding source. its two separate things.

Im always confused by paypal.

Ahh, im away to go check my settings then...make sure the two separate things are set to my bank account...cheers gills for putting it in laymans terms for simple old me! :rofl:

henny- it was the itti transaction I was trying to figure out! I dont get it either :shrug:

:dohh:

Yup what Gills said it the case on mine, I just went to gift money to Jacqui and on my card it offered the option of me or her paying the fee, but from my bank there was no fee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->