change in quality of morning sickness

koj518

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

How are your morning sicknesses treating you?
From week 6 to 8 I felt like I was hungover all day everyday but all I had to do was eat a bit and I would feel better. Well, right at 8 weeks a switch flipped or something and when I eat, I just feel like throwing up. Is it normal for MS to change like this?? I'm worried because right around the same time this change happened, I had mild cramping for several hours..

I also noticed today that I've lost about 5lbs - probably coz I haven't eaten a real meal for 2~3 solid weeks. I just munch throughout the day..

With my first I had the never ending nausea from 6 weeks to almost 15 or 16 weeks. I get the hangover feeling. Mine never changed but I did throw up once at 6 weeks and that was it. With this pregnancy I have had off and on nausea but nothing too bad so far (but I am still really early!). I don't think any change in your MS is too worrying unless you can't stop throwing up.

Thanks cewsbaby! This is my first pregnancy after 5+ years of trying so I'm just terrified of everything!!

Up until i just hit 7 weeks I thought the MS was treating me nicely. Could keep it at bay by keeping my stomach full. For the last few days it's come on full force out of nowhere, having to force myself to eat, everything makes me feel sick. Probably a surge in hormones I'm guessing.

Thanks cewsbaby! This is my first pregnancy after 5+ years of trying so I'm just terrified of everything!!

I completely understand! With DS we tried for 9 years and I was paranoid abut everything! Even now with #2 I am just as bad. Lol!

jenna - sounds exactly like mine!!! so glad to hear this is normal..! I sure hope it's a surge in hormones!

cewsbaby - aw! its great to hear you've had success (and success #2) after a long TTC!!

I had terrible morning sickness...started before I even had a positive test. Was hospitalized twice, diagnosed w hypermesis. I'm 17 weeks now, and just threw up my dinner. :( So it still hasn't gone. But it changes all the time. For many weeks, I threw up all day every day, then I'd have a week of just horrible nausea where I'd only throw up once, and now I'm fine all day, but still sick at night. So I think it's normal that it changes. By the way, congrats on your hard-fought-for pregnancy!! My son was 4th round of ivf baby, and this one was conceived on our first month just trying at home. Go figure!

ladylove - so sorry to hear your MS has been unkind to you :( My MS is also worse in the evening.. starts kicking in around 3 or 4pm so eating dinner is really tough! So happy to hear you have a son from IVF!! Hoping to follow in your steps!! and congrats on naturally conceiving!! I'm guessing you had unexplained infertility??

Thanks so much!!! Yes...we were unexplained, although by my 3rd transfer, (I had a total of 5 due to one FET also) they did an endometrial biopsy. They kept finding inflammation in my uterus. It's called endometritis (not endometriosis, though the two often go hand in hand, and I had suspected that I possibly had silent endometriosis, as we couldn't find any other issues, and while I didnt have heavy periods which are the classic sign, I did have horrible pain having bowel movements while on my period which is also a sign)...So anyway, they treated me with very strong antibiotics to treat the inflammation. They repeated the biopsy and it still showed inflammation. They were hoping it wouldnt interfere with implantation, but nothing would ever implant (top grade blasts). This went on for next transfer as well, with no success at getting rid of inflammation, and no success having anything implant. Finally my dr recommended I go gluten free to try to naturally fight the inflammation. I went totally gf, and within 2 months by next biopsy showed NO inflammation, for the first time ever, and I got pregnant with twins on the very next round. I unfortunately lost a twin in utero, but had my beautiful son. So I stayed gluten free and got pregnant on our first try with #2. Crazy how something so small can change so much. Also I was tested for celiac disease and I do not have it. So it's just causing inflammation was the problem. I wish you alllll the best on your journey!!!

Yep i went through 3 weeks of feeling worse every 2-3 days then not so bad. It varied alot and peaked at 8 weeks for me. By ten weeks it settled alot sickness wise but im left with fatigue that can make me feel sick if i dont have a quick nap. I go to bed quite early too to cope. Hopefully itl settle in a couple more weeks x

ladylove - wow! sounds like you have amazing doctors who know exactly what they're doing!!

laura - a lot of people have been telling me 10w is the magic number! I hope that will be the same for me! just over a week go to!!

I asked on here and most people said it was going strong at 16 weeks etc. really hope not for both of us lol. A month of misery was enough lol. This is my final baby and i am so glad i wont ever have to do ms again, i dont know how people cope lol xx

16 weeks was when mine finally stopped last time, I'm praying it'll settle earlier this time, not sure I can hack another 9 weeks of this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->