Change of girls name?

xjessibabyx

Mummy to a Princess
Reaction score
Me and OH had settled on the name Isabella (Bella) if we have a girl and middles names Jessica (after me) and Emily (after my great nan). However we have been put off by its increasing popularity so been brainstorming other names but we have completely different taste.

Last night, OH mentioned the name Bonnie and I wasnt sure because I normally like really girly feminine names but now i actually quite like it and I havent heard many Bonnies in the UK. We would have to swap round middles names to avoid initials BJ haha so what does everyone think of the name "Bonnie Emily Jessica" ?

We've chosen the name Isabella if our yellow baby turns pink. I dont know of any other girls called this. Which is why I still love it.. however I have seen on this website that its popular. And it tends to be quite high on the baby name lists. But I dont think it is in my area.

as for the name Bonnie I think its really cute. :) not common at all & its deffo not high on the baby name lists. :) xx

Aww i really like the name now but while googling i may have found a problem...the bonnie from bonnie and clyde was called bonnie parker. well my OHs surname is parkin.. maybe too similar? would it bother you/put you off?

I've never heard of Bonnie Parker haha. But you will have the middle names anyway so it will seperate the two names if you were put off by it. I think if you look into a name TOO much, there will be something to put you off. X

Yeah I think youre right..not many people would have known her surname either. I didnt..it was only while googling that I came across it. X

If you really love a name I don't think it should matter whether its popular or not.

the initials BJ are fine.

I don't know that many people would realize who Bonnie Parker is and really I don't know that our kids generation will really know Bonnie and Clyde.

I think bonnie is nice :) its not a name you hear often.

The initials BJ are not fine sorry. I think that just is one of those things you shouldn't do. Kids always get teased, sure, but you are practically giving them all they need at that point. I have similar initials and to this day, decades later, I'm still sad.

I love Bonnie! And I couldn't have told you that Bonnie was Bonnie Parker! I'd definitely avoid the BJ thing. I like Bonnie Emily Jessica :) x

The initials BJ are not fine sorry. I think that just is one of those things you shouldn't do. Kids always get teased, sure, but you are practically giving them all they need at that point. I have similar initials and to this day, decades later, I'm still sad.

I agree I loved Billy Jake but you just cant do that to a kid (unless your going to home school them away from other kids in their teen years)

I do agree I wouldnt do that to my little one...wouldnt want risk them being bullied. I think we have settled on Bonnie Emily Jessica :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->