Change of Heart

Mynx

Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls!!
Reaction score
Hey all...

It seems that my OH has changed his mind about having a baby...we were talking about it and had decided that we were gonna start trying in about 2 years, but now he's had a change of heart.. I havent been going on about having babies or anything like that.. he said the way he feels right now is that he doesnt want any kids.

To be honest I'm less disappointed than I thought I would be. My OH has Multiple Sclerosis and he's worried that he may pass this on to our baby (MS seems to run in his family) Also, he said that he knows it's selfish but he wants to keep me all to himself. I think it's cos we've waited a long time to be together... we've known each other 12 years and always had a little "something" between us but I was in a long term relationship till 3 years ago so we could never do anything then ... so yeah, I can totally understand why he's saying that lol!

I have a 16 year old daughter from a previous relationship (split from her dad when she was 2) so it's not as if I feel I'm being denied. Also, I've just gone back to work after being a stay at home mum and I gotta admit that I'm really enjoying some independance of my own. Knowing that I can go out when I want, go to work without having to worry about the cost of childminding and stuff like that has been very liberating and to be perfectly honest I dont think I'm ready to give that up yet anyway lol! We dont live together yet either so we should really think about taking the next natural steps in our relationship rather than rush ahead of ourselves! I love him very much and really dont wanna spoil things or ruin it cos we've rushed into too much too soon if you know what I mean, and he's said he feels the same.

My age is another factor.. the reason we'd said we'd go for it in 2 years is because of my age.. I'm 34 now and of course I worry about that good old biological clock running out of ticks as my mum went thru her menopause in the run up to her 40th birthday! So it's likely that I'll be around the same age when I go thru mine. Doesnt leave me alot of time eh!
Having another baby would be great but I gotta be honest and say that it isnt the be all and end all for me right now. I do get broody tho when I go over and see Nikkinoonoo's Jessica (my best friend and her beautiful little stunner :) ) but I'm quite content to play the doting "Auntie" and spoil her rotten! :p
BUT we're using the natural family planning method so I guess if it happens then it was meant to be but we wont be TTC or even WTT, so I hope you girls dont mind if I lurk and pop my head in occasionally as I really enjoying reading about you lol!

Sending lots of baby dust, sticky beans and H & H times to you all :)
:hug:

Not much to say to ya darlin as it was all said about an hour ago on my setee :) Love ya loads! :hugs::hug::hugs:

Cor Blimey Cola that was quick!! Heheh!

I think for now that it's for the best, and you know we dont wanna make hard and fast plans just yet... each day as it comes n all that!

Indeed, what will be will be nik as long as your both happy and Leesh is too then thats good. And when you're feeling broody you can pop round a borrow Jess :D xXx

Oh and as for poppin on the forum still its not just for TTC/WTT/prego peeps it's for mummies too remember :p So you still fit the criteria so to speak hehe xXx

Hehe thanks Nik :) You know that little chat we had really helped me clarify things in my head and it kinda let me know that we're doing the right thing for now, so thanks darlin, I love ya :p xXx :hug: xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->