changing from 6 to 4 months...

Hoping

Reaction score
....I am sure that the UK are going to change back to weaning at 4 months. The Health Visitor has always been really keen that we put it off until as close to 6 months as possible, then on Monday decided that I should be introducing solids now! And has also told 2 of my friends the same thing! Thomas is polishing off 240ml bottles of formula 5 times a day though, and watching us eat so I guess he is ready.

hey hun, nice to see you on here! hope thomas is doing well. you'll know when he's ready for food, dont let your HV force you into anything! i think they are going to be moving the guidelines again. every baby's different tho so just play it by ear and see xx

hey hun, nice to see you on here! hope thomas is doing well. you'll know when he's ready for food, dont let your HV force you into anything! i think they are going to be moving the guidelines again. every baby's different tho so just play it by ear and see xx

Hi! Yes, don't get much time to come on here these days! Thomas is doing well thanks. How is Katie?

Yep, i think things might be changing back to 4 months aswell. I've got to wean niamh at 17 weeks due to medical problems, but got told on monday by a dietician to start weaning now as it will do no harm! Yet at my weaning talk they told me its dangerous to wean before 17 weeks.

I started weaning Rihanna at 4 months and when I told my HV she looked at me gone out!!! lol..... but i added 'by choice, because I believed she was ready' and I dont think she dare say anything back. lol xx

Pffft, they can't decide what to recommend!

With DS it was wean at 4 months, with DD1 it was 4-6 months, with DD2 it was 6+ months - And there is only 2.5 years between DS and DD2, that's how often they change!

Best bet is to follow your baby yourself, you know what they need and when better than anyone.

Ive given up on listening to anything the HV's say around here, my postnatal care or lack of was so shocking i will just do what i feel is right and if i need help i will see a doctor, Im sure HV's make it up as they go along :lol:

Ive said in a few other threads now ... how comes the manufacturers are allowed to have 4 months + on all of their packaging if weaning before 6 months is such a no no?

Most Canadian doctors already have moved their reccomendation to 4 months... There really is no need to wait until 6 months. But that is completely up to the mother.

TBH I think starting them earlier before they are as independand is easier and it seems to be easier to get them to try thing... JMO though.

they do like to change there minds don't they! i agee, i think go with what youre baby is telling you! maddi wasn't weaned till 6months, because thats when she was ready, all babies are different. my hv told me maddi was going to have all sorts of illnesses if she was weaned before 6months! it was shocking and tried to use bloody scare tatics! no wonder people dislike there hv's! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->