• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

changing from bf to ff

pinksmarties

Reaction score
I have been ebf DS2 since birth but have decided to give him a bottle once a day. After a few different bottles and teats I have found one he accepts.

ATM I am only swapping one bf for ff but am thinking of increasing this. He takes 4-5oz at this feed. My dilemma is he feeds every 1.5-2 hours during the day.

I am not sure how much or how often he should feed if I start introducing more bottles as TBH I am not sure of his hungry cries from his tired cries ( he is a rubbish napper) so just bfeed him.

Any one else had this experience? Did you just extend feed times? I bf DS1 for 9.5 months and by that time he was only feeding 4 times per day and never this frequent even when younger so this bit is new to me.

When you are Bfing him every couple hours is he falling asleep on the breast?

I would put in another feed as FF and see how it goes. I would make a big effort to distract him to stretch the feeds out by 15 mins every few days. Remember when swapping from BF to FF that you need to offer a lot of extra cuddles.

Thanks maxy. There was a time he was falling asleep but I have stopped that and apart from his last feed at night doesn't fall asleep after feeding. He only naps for 20 minutes at a time (despite trying lots of techniques to extend but it is difficult to do when looking after a toddler too) so sometimes it is difficult to extend feeding times as then it runs into his nap times.

I'll add another bottle but the fact he will happily take a bottle has made me relax a bit more so will see how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->