changing schools.

kerrie24

me,him and 3 lo's
Reaction score
I am trying to make a decision and thought if I write the pros/cons maybe you ladies could give me your opinions.
Current school:
PROS.
*Been going (eldest son) since 2006,know the staff,lots of experience of this school.
*Aimee has done 6 years here with 2 more to go and Owen has done nursery and reception here.
*Nice open plan,bright and airy layout.
CONS.
*they banned packed lunches last year and the kids hate the dinners
*There is a half hour gap between dropping off eldest and youngest so lots of standing around.
*the pupils are constantly leaving to go to other countries or coming in from other countries,hence a poor level of attendance and poor english skills. I feel that takes a lot of the teachers time to get these kids uo to basic level and limits what they can do with the "able" children.

New school-
*is attached to sons high school so they all get picked up/dropped off in same place.
*much smaller classes.approx 15 in class as opposed to 30 at current school.
* allow packed lunches.
Cons-
*A lot less space than current school,smaller playground too.
*means new start for the kids.
*when i went to visit,it seemed a little unorganized,there was a little boy wandering out of the lunch hall with his bowl of jelly and other two banging on the door to outside( they couldn't get out as all locked but weren't being supervised.)

My daughter wants to go simply because of the lunches and she likes the layout(main corridor with classrooms leading off). My son isn't sure he wants to leave his current school.

I think I'd go for the new school, mainly because of the class sizes and what you said about the current school having a lot of children arriving and leaving. It was probably just a one off with the children at lunch in the other school. I work in a school with not a lot of space and a small playground but the kids aren't bothered. They adapt and use the space well. We use the space well for teaching too.
I think it was your thread about your school's 'new' sickness policy. I think I'd leave purely because of that! A headteacher who puts statistics above the welfare of the children is not doing their job properly!

x

Yeah thats one of my other reasons,I feel like I send them in to catch germs! Although whos to say the new school wont be the same?

I'd be tempted to go with the new school. Although it's smaller I would imagine that is partly to do with class sizes.
A smaller class size would be beneficial as well as not having to deal with children coming and going like the do at the current school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->