Changing temp of feeds??

alilou151

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post since having LO 12days ago so hello ladies! I was leaving kettle to cool completely then putting water in bottles & dropping in a TT milk dispenser & mixing when ready at room temp. I was told by MW that this was wrong so today ive left kettle for 30mins, mixing powder in & refrigerating & heating in a jug of hot water when needed but LO has been cranky all day & taking either an once or 2 every hour whereas normally she'll take 3-4oz & sleep for 3-4hrs. Is changing the temp from room to warm to blame do u think? Will she get used to it? Or should I go back to the old way? It's sooooo confusing x

The powder needs to be added when the water is at 70 degrees min - so dont let it cool for any longer than 30 mins.

I take the bottle out the fridge an hr and a half before shes due a feed.. Its pretty much at room temp by then..

The bottle is ok to feed if its not been out the fridge longer than 2 hours.
Xx

Once made bottles are ok at room temperature for 2 hours so what I do (when I remember) is make bottles 1 hour before LO is due (with boiling water) and leave it to cool on the window sill then serve when due. More often than not I pre make, fast cool, refridgerate and heat when needed. Always mix the formula with water that is a minimum of 70 degrees (only reason to not use boiling is risk of scolding).

if your making up the bottles then leaving them,make sure you heat up before feed,i've got a tommee tippee electric bottle warmer works wonders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->