Charlie glynn moores Birth story :D

charlotte1990

Mummy to Charlie :D
Reaction score
Ok so it all started on monday 7th March, Got told to ring up the hospital at 8 in th emorning to see when they wanted me in, so rang them up, wasn't expecting them to aske me to go in straight away knowing my luck i thought they'll tell me night time but they asked me to go in straight away. This is when i started to get really nervous, woke ryan up, made sure we had everything and we was on our way into the hospital. Got there about 9ish, got introduced to jezza the midwife (he was amazing, kept making us laugh). We was really lucky because we got a private room because the 4 bed wards they normally use to induce people were all full, so got our own room with toilet. So had my examination to be told cervix is still really high and hard so had to have the 24 hour pessary ( tampon thingy) put in. Wasn't very comfortable. Got told i would probably need another 24 hour one as my cervix was so unfavourable. That was about it for monday had a few niggles on the machine but nothing i felt. His heartrate was pretty high even at the start ranging from 150 to 160s but they wern't concerned. So monday me and ryan just lazyed about watching tv etc. Ryan was made to leave at 8 and i watched one born every minute and the midwife couldn't believe i actually watched it she was shocked lol. ( It was no longer jezza i an't remember her name lol). After that went sleep.

Tuesday woke up and had another examination about 11ish wasn't expecting anything to have happened because i hadn't felt anything happening with the 24 hour pessary so was expecting to have another but got told my cervix has come forward and his head was right down so they gave me the 6 hour prostin and told me they were expeting me to be in labour within the 6 hours and that they were also gonna pop my waters after 6 hours. So whilst waiting for that to kick in me and ryan went for a walk to the cafe and had a big full brekki was yummy. Whilst down there i started getting irregular contractions, not painful though and really bad back ache. So we went back up to the room and just waited around, contractions started to become abit more regular but nothing much backache started gettin a bit worse though so got a heat pack on it which helped loads. 5 o clock finally came around midwife came 2 c me to only been told it was too busy so they couldn't pop my waters :(. So more waiting around until just suddenly think it was about 7 o clock my contractions really picked up not to sure how often they were but they were getting painful nothing to bad though but then i started to get pressure in my bum really bad. So called for the midwife for some pain relief to be get given paracetamol well that did absolutly nothing!! The pressure just kept getting worse and worse and i was in constant agony so the midwife decided to do an examination to see how far gone i was, turns out i was 4cm, was happy with that meant i could have gas and air lol but whilst she was examining me she felt his head and said she was so suprised at just how far down it was and no wonder i was in agony so she broke my waters. So got my gas n air which is great stuff absolutly loved it. Took my contraction pain away and kept the pressure pains at bay. By this time i think it was about 10ish!! Started to lose my plug which was disgusting kept feeling it coming out as well as my waters, apparently there was loads of plug errgh lol. Managed to cope on gas and air till bout 12ish/1ish but the pressure was awful the contractions wern't even that painful so i asked for the epidural. Got the epidural but it did nothing so i was in absolute agony!!! I can honestly say i have never felt pain like it, I was just laid there trying to breath normal but was awful. Got examined again to see how far gone i was and got told 7cm :D great i thought shouldn't be too long now won't have to put up with this pain much longer lol I was also constantly on one of them trace machines and it was showing that his heart rate was rising to bout 170s/180s and going bk to 150s/160s so they called the doc in to have a look and he decided he wanted to take some blood from babies head, so they put me up in the stirrups and the doc scratched his head and got some blood from him. Was awful. The tests litrally came back 2 mins later and was told everything was ok with baby but would be keeping a constant eye on his heartrate. By this stage i was absolutly exhausted i'd had no sleep because the pressure pain was sooo bad and i was soo worried about charlie because of his heartrate. So i was just laid in bed crying and moaning n wanting to scream but i wouldn't because i didn't want everyone to hear me i dunno y i cared so much haha!! About 6ish got examined again (everyone was so suprised that i hadn't had him yet because i'd been having the pressure pains soo long the midwife told me when i told her about the pains i was getting at 7 she thought he'd be here within the hour but 11 hours later he still wasn't here she said i was doing soo well to be coping as well as i was.) and i was still at 7cm hadn't progressed at all :(! so more laying about moaning n crying. About 8ish a different midwife came in and had a feel of my belly and said this babys back to back no wonder shes in so much pain and his heads pressing right down and the babies gonna be a big un the poor girl must be in agony!!! she examined me again still 7cm when suddenly charlies heartrate started droppin to 120s from 150s then started rising to 180s again so doctor was rushed in took one look and said emergancy c section immediatley, well i just broke down crying i was so worried about my lil man. ryan was amazing calming me down telling me everything was gonna be fine.The next half hour or so was a bit of a blur the surgeon and anethitist came to see me i signed something was wheeled down to surgery, ryan got dressed in his blues and i was plonked on the table. Having the sction was the weirdest feeling ever it felt like i could feel everything they were doing but just without the pain apart from when they were tugging him out that was a lil strange lol!! But Finally at 9.22am my lil man was born weighing a whopping 9lbs 14oz he cried straight away and they showed him too us and i just cried and cried. Ryan went over to see him and bout him over to me a couple of minutes later, tht was the best moment of my life seeing my lil man just lookin at me.

I would do it all over again no questions asked even though i found the labour quite traumatic because of the pain and charlies heartrate etc and the c section and coz i was just soo exhausted. But hes completley and utterly worth it i have never loved anybody as much in my whole life.

Thanks for reading :D

Attachments

• charlie 1.jpg
    charlie 1.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Picture 056.jpg
    Picture 056.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 44
  • Picture 058.jpg
    Picture 058.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Picture 074.jpg
    Picture 074.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 40
Congratulations, he's so cute!!

Congrats! Another baby with a 9th March b-day- its mine woop! My little one was back to back I know the agony!!

so so cute congratulations on your wee boy and getting through that labour, enjoy being a mummy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->