Charting after miscarriage

PineappleRock

Reaction score
I finished 5 weeks of bleeding on 12/5 from my miscarriage. On Monday (12/27) I started noticing EWCM (a lot of it!) so I started using OPKs. I've had EWCM every day since then, and yesterday morning my OPK was as dark as the control line. Last night it was still dark, but not as dark as the control line. Today it was a little lighter as well.

I've never had any luck with OPKs in the past, and I've never temped or anything. For me, it took 2-3 OPKs/day to get that positive! I'm just curious what I should guesstimate as my ovulation day? Today? I'm trying to figure out when I should expect my period to get a rough idea about how long my LP is. I haven't had my first period yet since the miscarriage. After I get my first AF, I'm considering temping, or at least trying it for a cycle.

We won't be TTC until I have had 3 cycles, and I'm praying that they will be regular. In 2010, for no good reason (no underlying causes) my cycles were really irregular, and twice I went 6 weeks without a period, so I'm sure some of those cycles were anovulatory.

I'm very excited about the amount of EWCM I've had since Monday, I think this is promising? We conceived in October and I can vaguely remember having some slippery CM, but definitely nothing like this.

Any tips for someone who is about to be a first time charter? I already have a thermometer. Any good iphone apps to record my temps in? TIA!

Hi there.
Sorry to hear about your loss.
I am also new to charting, so i am not an expert. But i would guesstimate your O day based on the OPKs. If yesterday morning the test line was as dark as the control line, then I would say you are ovulating today. Especially with the presence of EWCM. Have you had an twinges in your lower abdomen? They could be ovulation pains. If you mark today down your diary, and then wait for your AF, you should be able to work out your LP. Although the first few cycles after a loss can be a bit wild, and not neccessarily regular. I havent tried temping, and dont have an iPhone, so I cant help you with that. Although I would recommend Fertility Friend for charting temps, CM, and other symptoms.
Hope that helps?
xx

A great charting app is Ovuview
I am using it as a beginner too. Make sure you buy the full version after trying out the demo.
Good luck!

Lots of EWCM sounds awesome that is great sign! I personally tend to ovulate quite soon after getting my strongest positive opk. Usually within 12-24 hrs but they do say up to 48 hrs after is still normal as well. Since it was already getting lighter i would suggest today as your O day, making tomorrow 1 dpo. Also as the previous poster mentioned, I would highly recommend fertility friend! It is a great site and they have an app for your iphone, makes charting while you still in bed in the morning so easy! Charting is a great thing, it really just empowers you and you feel very knowledgeable about what is actually going on inside your body. I have been charting for 10 months, if you have any questions , ask away! :)

I started charting years ago and it is quite simple :) It does sound like today is your O day though :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->