Charting and NTNP

bebedee

NTNP since Jan 2011
Reaction score
Hi everyone :flower:

OH and I have decided to start NTNP. I've got very irregular/long cycles and want to keep charting as not knowing when AF is due is really stressful.

We aren't timing BD with my fertile days or anything, We are just BD whenever we feel like it, but I've found myself testing this 2WW because there was a small chance I could have been PG.

Just wondering if there are any other NTNP charters out there? Does it still count as NTNP if you're charting?

Bethan x

i dont really chart but i keep an eye on things as we want to take a laid back approach. i mainly want to get a hold on my cycles since i had the implant in for nine years and AF was pretty messed up by it. i would like to know when i am ovulating but since me and OH BD pretty often anyway there are no rules.
keep doing what you are doing, theres nothing wrong with charting to get on top of your flo...all the best

I'm charting to get to grips with my cycles as I've never paid any attention to them before! I intended to NTNP, but seems like i've slipped to TTC as I'm doing OPK's too! OH is NTNP though lol.

Good luck :dust:

Thanks for your replies girls. Was just interested to see what people thought on this - NTNP seems to be a very grey area haha x

I chart but mainly just to keep an eye on things. I am a lot more relaxed about my charting than I used to be now, I only take my temp every other day or so whereas I used to do it daily. I used to do OPKs but have given them up now as I'm trying to get further away from the TTC end of NTNP and get back to relaxing about it. I still count us as NTNP though as we aren't doing SMEP, I don't use soft cups or stick my legs in the air afterwards, I am cutting back on my charting, just doing it to keep an eye on my cycles and get a vague idea when I Ov and I don't use OPKs, nor do I test every day from 8dpo!!

xxx

I don't chart temperatures or anything but I note down my cycles and I'm finding them to not be very stable. Since I've been off birth control, they have just been getting longer (29, 29, 34, 37 days) so I'm not sure if I'm ovulating or when... So this month I will use OPKs to see when it might be... Still staying relaxed about it so I consider it halfway between TTC and NTNP (since our goal is a pregnancy, we are definitely "trying" just not as hard as some!)

I'm charting to get to grips with my cycles as I've never paid any attention to them before! I intended to NTNP, but seems like i've slipped to TTC as I'm doing OPK's too! OH is NTNP though lol.

Haha, that pretty much describes me and my OH. :haha:

I don't take temps but I do chart my AF dates and OPK results on FF, after a long time on the pill I wanted to make sure everything was working! I am probably going to stop with the OPKs next cycle though as I'm pretty sure of my fertile window now and we don't BD according to the results anyway. :D

This is me and my OH. Im planning to start temping/charting next cycle if Im not already BFP, but thats as far as Im going to go - not going to use OPKs or anything like that - just so I can get a feel for when I Ov and get to know my cycles, just in case we DO have issues conceiving, then I can have that record for a doc IF needed, instead of being all like "Well I THINK I Ov regularly".

OH doesn't really get the potential benefits of doing it, but, at some point he might thank me, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->