Charting experts needed please!

Bing28

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm on cycle 11 of TTC #1 and this us my first month charting my bbt.

I got my 'peak' smiley face on my clearblue digi OPK on Saturday indicating I should ovulate in the next 48 hours. My question is - if I ovulated on sat or sun should my temp have risen by now, as it was still low this morning?

Thanks
X

Looks like your ovulating today! I'd get bding good luck! x

Hi,

I'm on cycle 11 of TTC #1 and this us my first month charting my bbt.

I got my 'peak' smiley face on my clearblue digi OPK on Saturday indicating I should ovulate in the next 48 hours. My question is - if I ovulated on sat or sun should my temp have risen by now, as it was still low this morning?

Thanks
X

Yes O doesn't always happen right after an lh surge when it's supposed to. Sometimes it takes a few days and sometimes we gear up and lh goes away without O happening at all :wacko: Most of the time it happens 2-3 days after your lh surge which triggers a positive ovulation test but even the test don't work perfectly all the time. Keep charting because that is the sure fire way to know it happened and the perfect compliment to opks. Good luck!:thumbup:

Thanks ladies!

My temp went up a bit this morning. However I have read temps are usually between 36.7 and 37 in the luteal phase. So could there still be a chance I didn't ovulate and had an anovulation cycle? Or is it normal for temps to rise over a couple of days after ovulation?

Sorry for all the questions...just trying to get to grips with all this temping malarkey! :)

Xx

im in same boat as you, first cycle tempting and still getting all confused etc lol im not really sure what temp rises/dips I should be looking out for.

My luteal phase temps rarely go past 36.68, everyone's different. The good news is you have your temp rise so alls good :thumbup:

Yes looks like your 1dpo I think you will get another temp rise tomorrow then on 3dpo you will get crosshairs :) good luck

Thanks everyone!

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what are crosshairs?

I previously use to think i ovulated the day after getting my + OPK but having temped this cycle it looks like for the last 10 months i've been thinking I ovulated 1 to 2 days before I actually did - resulting in missing out on valuable BDing time! At least I know now!

Mummyyshearer - As far as I understand pre-ovulation your temp stays low, you can see mine never rose above 36.3 apart from on CD9 when I had been out drinking the night before. Your temp will dip slightly just before ovulation, mine dipped on CD15 and then your temp should rise the day after ovulating, mine rose to 36.45 this morning indicating I ovulated yesterday! It should stay high through your luteal phase and if you are pregnant. If you are not pregnant then it will dip again just before AF arrives. I think it can dip when the egg implants too, but will rise again afterwards. A book I read said pre ovulation temps are between 36.1 and 36.6, post ovulation between 36.7 and 37 and if you are pregnant it will be between 36.9 and 37.3, but as people have said above, everyone is different! I take my temp at the same time every morning as it helps to get more accurate results. I hope that helps!

aaaah thanks lol im sure il get to underdstand it all more the more I do... though heres hoping I fall pregnant soon haha.

Everyone's temp is different so you don't necessarily have to be in a temp bracket for it to be post-O temp or even pregnant. With that high of a jump it is safe to say you ovulated yesterday and you are 1 day post O today. You will get a hang of your bbt after charting for couple of months. I sometimes have two days of consecutive +OPK and then I ovulate on the third day.

Crosshairs are the red lines that define when you Ov'd going by your temps. You get the crosshairs when you enter your 3rd high post O temp :)
You can even have a little play with your chart now and put a couple of high temps and your crosshairs will come up. But delete them after you had a little play of course ;)

Me again...

You can see the temps on my chart have started dropping! As this is my first month charting I have no other charts to compare patterns to.

How many days before AF shows do temps normally drop?

Thanks
Xx

When mine drops I usually bleed the next day. It's hard to say with your chart as your only 8dpo. How long are your cycles usually?

Rachy - I have very regular cycles between 28-30 days long and usually spot 2 days before AF shows. I don't know exactly as this is my first month temping but from using OPK's in the past I believe my luteal phase is around 13 days. Which is why I thought at 8dpo / CD25 it seemed a bit early for a pre AF dip.

What other reasons can cause a mid luteal phase dip, other than an implantation dip (as I don't want to get my hopes up only to be let down again!)?

Xx

I would say secondary estrogen surge but they tend to happen at around 2-3dpo. 8dpo is perfect for implantation, I guess you'll just have to keep temping and see x

Oh I do hope so! I'll keep you updated!

Xx

Eeeek...I've been having a few mild twinges/cramps this afternoon. Just been to loo and noticed a small amount of brownish spotting in my underwear!!!! AF isn't due until Sunday so it's way too early for my usual pre period spotting!!

Oh I can't wait to go to sleep to take my temperature again in the morning! :haha:

Xx

My temp has gone back up...YAY!

Really hope it was an implantation dip. Does anyone know if it could have been anything else?

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->