Charting: I have a wacky temperature today, what's that about?

nadupoi

Reaction score
I don't know if many of you girls in here know much about charting, but I figured I'd give it a try. :)

This is my second month charting. I did it in the past few a while so I pretty well know what I'm doing. But, being at school, sometimes I wake up around 6am instead of 7am (which i had set as my time to take the temps) and then I go back to sleep and wake up again before class. Well I decided the past week or so that I would take my temp everytime I woke up just to see the difference.

But now this morning I got completely different temps.
at about 6:20am, my phone rang and woke me up so I took my temp. It was 97.5 (F). I then fell back asleep.

At 8:20am, my alarm went off for me to get up and so I took my temp again. It was a ridiculous 98.2 (F)!!!

This is the first time I've seen such a change. Any ideas why? Or for that matter, should I put one temp in FF over the other one??

My temps had been steady at 97.9 for the past 3 days. So either one will be a big change. Either I go higher or I have a huge dip. I am currently 8dpo. :wacko:

One wacky temperature won't be a problem, so don't worry about it too much. Generally you're better off taking the first temperature, because when you wake up and go back to sleep your temps increase so the second measurement is not technically a waking temperature. You should make sure that you've had at least 4-5 hours sleep before taking a "waking" temperature. Your first temperature is most likely to be so low because you woke up earlier but it'll affect the accuracy of your curve less than taking the second one.

That answered the question perfectly. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->